My first higher end baitcast reel

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Queencitybassman

Reaction score
I keep reading on here about how much better high end reels are and that once you get one you never want to go back. Today I traded an old evinrude 9.5 that was locked up for two nice reels. I got one citica and one revo-s. Only problem with the revo-s is that it is left handed. I fish left handed on spinning rods and right handed on baitcasting. Anyone want to trade for a left handed revo-s for a reel of similar quality that is right handed?

If you flip and pitch with your right hand, I suggest you learn to use the left handed reel so that you do not have to switch the rod back and forth.

I agree with bob - learn to use it... you might find that you even like it that much more. My partner fishing with all left handed reels. I tried it, but just couldn't get used to it

am I the only one that is right handed, uses a right handed reel, but pitches with their left hand? That seemed like the obvious thing to do when I started, and it stuck. I'm not even close to being ambidextrous either..

I can flip and cast with either hand it comes in handy getting into the tight places but i can only use my right hand t retrieve the line.
I broke my left wrist years ago and don't have the full range of motion..
I even use my spinning reel right handed

I am ambidextrous so really I should be able to use both hands but i prefer the left hand spin and right hand baitcast. I may try to use both during the winter but have been so caught up trying to get my boat ready and missed all of spring im just ready to dive back in.

Got a couple bucks to burn, was thinking of a Shimano Stradic C14, anyone hear anything bout them?

shamoo said:
Got a couple bucks to burn, was thinking of a Shimano Stradic C14, anyone hear anything bout them?

Broke mine in today with some hard pulling stripers :mrgreen: Smooth as any reel I've felt in a while, and if it's like other Shimanos, it'll be a good reel for years to come.