New gear bass

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkbirocz

Reaction score
Well I haven't bought a rod and reel combo for well over a year, so I splurged and got two. I went with a Big Bear 7'3" 3/4 heavy rod with a Lews tourney pro speed spool and a ducket micro guide rod with a pflueger patriarch. All the gear arrived around 330 today and I spooled them up and hit the water. I tied jigs on both of them started casting. After about a half hour I got a bump and set it. Landed a solid 4-5lber. I was confused when I saw the pic when I got home cause there was all the blood. I hooked it where you see the jig in the picture, the only thing I can think of is I had to pull it out of some brush in the water :? Anyways, after getting that one I switched rods and started working the same spot, after a few missed hits and some lost trailers I called it quits. I guess I will have to wait till another day to officially break in the ducket rod. Both are awesome, I am totally happy with both combos. The lew's/big bear combo is by far the lightest combo I have ever owned and the spiral wrapped micro guides are just plain sick. :D

DSC00331.jpg

How do you like the pflueger patriarch? Is that the awesome looking carbon fiber badboy? If so I was lookin at one the other day and was so close to buying one I could hear my chic yellin from home. $180 @ sportsmans warehouse in Idaho. Gonna start saving.

Me and my dad just bought a Duckett/Lews setup a few weeks ago.

We needed a new spinner bait rod/light flipping rod so we bought the 6'9" Medium heavy rod with the tiny eyeletts.

Went with the 7:3:1 Lews reel and man that thing is awesome!

Nice chunk there!

Latest posts