New Jersey Giant

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you net her into the boat? That would make her a New Jersey Net. Oach. In Kentucky you could be regestered as a Master with a bass that size. I think the Ky record is 11.13. You're in the hunt my friend. Call the Hounds! Funny thing is the only thing that ever crossed my mind was, "That fish got put back."

tccanoe said:
Did you net her into the boat? That would make her a New Jersey Net. Oach. In Kentucky you could be regestered as a Master with a bass that size. I think the Ky record is 11.13. You're in the hunt my friend. Call the Hounds! Funny thing is the only thing that ever crossed my mind was, "That fish got put back."

I didn't use a net and I'm not much of a basketball fan. :LOL2: Eagles, Flyers and Phillies for me. :) And I put her back because if I catch her again, she most likely could be a new record and thats what I'm shooting for now. :beer:

And I put her back because if I catch her again, she most likely could be a new record and thats what I'm shooting for now.

I don't think there's any way I could cut that fish up. Back in she'd go for me too! Hope you catch her again!

fender66 said:
And I put her back because if I catch her again, she most likely could be a new record and thats what I'm shooting for now.

I don't think there's any way I could cut that fish up. Back in she'd go for me too! Hope you catch her again!

Fender, I don't even eat seafood. :LOL2: So it didn't cross my mind. :lol:

No truly. I've looked at your pic for days before my post. The look on your face and the way you cradled that giant, I thought, "That fish got put back." No table or wall for that baby, no way. Is it true to break a record you have to present the fish dead to a certified scale?

tccanoe said:
No truly. I've looked at your pic for days before my post. The look on your face and the way you cradled that giant, I thought, "That fish got put back." No table or wall for that baby, no way. Is it true to break a record you have to present the fish dead to a certified scale?

:LOL2: . No, you don't have to kill it. Wherever you are, call fish and game and they will come to you with a scale or follow you to a place with a certified scale. Thats whats good about livewells.. After the procedure is done is your fish and you do what you want with it. If I did get a new record, I would like to see it put in a Bass Pro Shops somewhere, not dead, that's for sure.
And KMixson, that gave me a good laugh. Thank you. :LOL2:

Here in Texas, we have the Lone Star Share-A-Lunker program. Catch a bass over 13 pounds and Texas Parks and Wildlife will send a crew to take possesion of her. They take her to their hatchery in Athens for breeding, which is intended to improve the genetics for the next year's stocking. In return, they give you a fiberglass mount for bragging rights and return the fish to you when they are done. Most return her to her home waters. Not sure of the exact number, but I believe they have had well over a hundred donations, with the biggest number (but by no means all) coming from Lake Fork. The Share-A-Lunker program has been going for at least fifteen years, that I know of.

BLK fisher said:
...I know alot of you southern guys catch them all the time but in jersey they are RARE...

A 9 pounder ANYWHERE is a good bass, especially up north. I was going to ask if that was the same body of water where you caught a good one a while back, but I see you mentioned it was.

Heck of a bass.

Latest posts