New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Everyone:
My name is Chad I’m 24 living in Olathe, KS about 20 miles south of KC. I’m a SGT. In the Army Reserve on active duty orders as a Medic instructor. My 1st project was a 70s era 14 foot flat bottom Monarch that I striped to bare aluminum and repainted thanks to all the info on this forum. Needless to say I caught the tinboat bug! I’m excited to say last week a bought a 16 foot Lowe Line flat bottom off craigslist. I needed a longer and much wider boat to work with. It will be a huge project I will be posting the start as soon I can get it dug out of the snow. Thanks everyone for all the help and advice it has been the fundamental foundation of my projects.

Attachments

• 100MEDIA_IMAG0364.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0364.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 359
CHADILLAC said:
Hello Everyone:
My name is Chad I’m 24 living in Olathe, KS about 20 miles south of KC. I’m a SGT. In the Army Reserve on active duty orders as a Medic instructor. My 1st project was a 70s era 14 foot flat bottom Monarch that I striped to bare aluminum and repainted thanks to all the info on this forum. Needless to say I caught the tinboat bug! I’m excited to say last week a bought a 16 foot Lowe Line flat bottom off craigslist. I needed a longer and much wider boat to work with. It will be a huge project I will be posting the start as soon I can get it dug out of the snow. Thanks everyone for all the help and advice it has been the fundamental foundation of my projects.

Welcome aboard Chad! You're only down the road from me. Good luck with the new build.

CHADILLAC said:
Hello Everyone:

Dang, that looks almost exactly like the one I just bought except yours looks to be in a little better shape. :lol: Good luck with the rebuild!

Hi Everyone! My name is Joe and I recently moved to the Houston Texas area. I am 40, prior U.S. Air Force, I have a 15 year old son who likes to fish with me. I have a 12' V-Hull given to me by a friend of mine who passed away. I like to meet new people and I love to hunt and fish. I am excited to be in Texas where there are a lot of opprotunities for both!

Hey Mojoewrkn......great handle.

Welcome to TinBoats. Happy to have you aboard. There is a wealth of info here both posted and unposted that we love to share. If you can't find it with the search engine....just ask.

:D I am from western pa.I live about 30 miles away from lake erie,and erie itself.Its actually quicker to get to the n.y. side of the lake.Iam a 54 yr. old carpenter.My father has run a contracting co. here for 55 yr. and i have worked for him my entire life.I have had numerous boats boats since i was 16.From big to small.I have alot more fun fishing in jon boats and small v's.I have never tried to modify one till ifound your website.I have a 1969 sears 14' deep vee and a 2010 crestliner 1436 jonboat.Both boats are buried in my backyard in the snow.This gives me time to buy stuff and come up with a game plan.We live in the middle of the snowbelt.I love the website and i am sure ill have alot of questions.Will post pics when i get started.We have had 134" of snow to date with no thaw,so it might be a little while.

Welcome to TinBoats paDale. So good to have you here! So glad I don't have the snow that you do. I'd probably have to move! Any questions....just ask, but the search function can find lots too. :LOL2: Welcome again!

Hello all found out about this site while watching some you tube videos. It all started by me wanting to buy a bass boat after looking at some of the models I thought I could afford I realized they were basically modified jons so began the you tube search for jon modifiers like yourself. I knew about the site for awhile looked at some pictures but as the due date came to buy my new boat I came aboard with what seems to be a great group of guys/gals. SO here it is my name is Dave if that wasnt obvious I live real close to Chicago and love to fish for gills bass and crappie. I have 3 boys 1 wife thank the lord and 2 labs to keep my feet warm at night. So far this has been a great site met an old timer down in Texas that Im calling a friend "rustyhook" and look forward to meeting more people. I will buy my boat here in the next few weeks and wont hesitate to start tinkering.

Hey! Logged on after viewing some U-Tube vids like others. What a great and interesting site. I've been searching for a small boat that I could mod myself. The thought of an aluminum boat never entered my mind for some reason. I had been looking at plastic and poly boats mostly. You've given me a whole new prospective. Thank you! I hope someday soon I can post pics of my project. There must be a "boatload" of used aluminum crafts for sale out there. Craigslist, here I come. =D> How do I upload an avatar?

Hey Dave and Firemedic. Welcome to the best forum on the web. We are all happy that you've joined us. If it can be done to a tin boat....we have someone on here that can do it and help answer your questions.

firemedic.....'AVATAR'.....Go to the top left side of the page and click on "User Control Panel". Once there, click on profile. In your profile menu, (on the left) you will see "Edit Avatar".

There ya have it.

Welcome to all new members. :WELCOME: :beer:

Hello I am a new member from Northern Maine and just joined today. currently I am getting ready to modify a 2011 L1448, just waiting until April for it to show up, until then just getting idears and material ready. I plan on using the boat mostly for taking Veterans fishing all over Maine, I figure it is time to give back to my brothers and sisters. I like to meet new people and go fishing with them so if you are reading this and ever wanted to go fishing in Maine or Newbruswick, Canada look me up. The area has great trout, muskie, bass and hunting oppurtunities!

AroostookAngler said:
Hello I am a new member from Northern Maine and just joined today. currently I am getting ready to modify a 2011 L1448, just waiting until April for it to show up, until then just getting idears and material ready. I plan on using the boat mostly for taking Veterans fishing all over Maine, I figure it is time to give back to my brothers and sisters. I like to meet new people and go fishing with them so if you are reading this and ever wanted to go fishing in Maine or Newbruswick, Canada look me up. The area has great trout, muskie, bass and hunting oppurtunities!

:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining! :beer:

For sure I will take you up on that offer one day! :USA1:

We go up to Maine a couple of time per year to fish, and during the winter we like to Hunt Rabbits! :D

Hi guys goodmorning.. I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is vincent and I am from Holland.. Just came across yr site this morning and wow it rocks.

Just in time because tomorrow I am picking up a Fisher 500sf (4.95m x 1.75) alloy fishing toy.. It needs a lot of finishing. Looking forward to reading more of yr stories on this forum

thnx
Vincent

Latest posts