New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everybody,
I’m John and I’m a newb. I live in central NJ along the shore. I’m a long time fresh water fisherman usually setting out in my 17' Coleman canoe. I’m nearing, with great anticipation, semi-retirement and I wanted to expand my fishing experience to the plentiful bays and rivers that run the coast of Jersey. I had a budget in mind for a project boat and was able to scoop a 12' Mirrocraft row boat, with trailer and 7hp Eska for $350. All in good operating condition. I also scooped a 68' Evinrude 18hp tiller for $300. I’m looking forward to the spring thaw when I can use some of the information I’ve gotten from this great web site to make this tin my own. Some of the customizing on here is really amazing. I’ll post some pictures when the snow melts. I’m looking forward to making some friends and hopefully adding to the conversation.
Jonhig.

Thanks Jim, sounds good to me.

I like your signature....my Pop used to say something similar, "Irish Diplomacy, the ability to tell someone to go to h*ll so they looked forward to the trip".

Welcome Jonhig....sounds like you have a great plan, and we have a few things in common.
1. I too have a Coleman canoe that I spent most of my life in
2. I too am looking forward to retirement...but, I have to wait another 15 or so years.

Happy to have you here!

Hello all from IL. New here, but not to tin boats. Bought my 1st 14'V 5 years ago out of a farm pasture for $250 with a trailer. Modified it and tournament fished out of it up until this past season. Sold it 3 weeks ago and bought a 16' Terry Bass Boss which I already started to disassemble and rebuild. Looking forward to seeing everyones projects and I guess I'll have to post mine as it goes along.
David

Hey...Welcome David!

Great to have you here. You're right...we'd love to see pics of your project and progress as it happens.

Hello everyone.
My name is Dave. I live in vancouver BC. I have an older 12' lowe boat with a 9.8 merc. I do plan on doing some mods to the boat to make it a bit more comfortable to fish in.
here is a picture of the boat as of now. I will post some more pictures as i go

Thanks
Dave

Attachments

• Boat.JPG
    Boat.JPG
    377.3 KB · Views: 293
Hey Dave....welcome to TinBoats. Happy to have you here. Seems we've been getting more and more members from your side of the border. Happy to have you all.

fender66 said:
Hey Dave....welcome to TinBoats. Happy to have you here. Seems we've been getting more and more members from your side of the border. Happy to have you all.

thanks. its great to be hear. Well we dont have a site like this in canada, well we do but there are very few people on it.

basstender10.6 said:
I am from North Jersey and have been fishing Lake Hopatcong all my life. Finding this website was heaven.

Welcome basstender. So happy to have you here. You think finding this place is heaven.....just wait. It only get's better! :LOL2:

This is the best group of guys you can find. Welcome to the family.

Hello, I think I got started before I introduced myself. Im from Batesville Arkansas and found the site while on another forum. I have been fixing a few tins up trying to graduate up to a 15 or 16 footer. I figure that since I dont have the extra money to just go buy one I will fix a few up for others to enjoy and make a few bucks to go into boat fund. Its also very enjoying and relaxing for me. When I get one almost done Im ready for another. I had no idea that people put this much work and time into a flatbottom before I found this site. Thanks to all for opening up my eyes to all this fun.

Wow....welcome natestep. Would love to see some pictures of your builds. Most of us only have one or two under our belts. Sounds like you've got me beat for sure.
Glad to have you here.

Oldgeek here, new member just signed up after trolling the place for a couple of months. I've been kicking around the idea of buying a bigger jon boat and converting it into a poor man's bass boat. Well today I took the first step...I bought the project...err boat. An old 1648 Lowe jon in fair shape (read no big holes) on a rusty trailer and a nice (gently used) 2 stroke 4 hp Mercury outboard. The clock is ticking as fishing season for me starts in April and ends mid-October. Most likely I'll do some stuff to get it ready to use and then customize it as I go a little at a time. What a great forum you all have made here! I expect that there is an answer to most any problem I'll have. =D>

Latest posts