New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone. My name is Donald Greer from Virginia Beach, VA. I grew up fishing in tin boats since I can remember and fished consistantly throught my 20's. Somehow with marriage, kids, and golf I got away from fishing. As I've now my given up on the golf game (can't get any better without playing alot and I can't afford to play alot!), I really started getting the itch to get back into fishing and boating. I fish mostly fresh water here, North Landing River and its many creeks, Back Bay, and I've even ventured into a little saltwater fiashing in the inlets here in the area. In June I purchased an Alumacraft V16 with a 6hp Yamaha and have been having a ball. My wife and my son have also caught the bug. Good clean fun.

I'm starting a modification on the boat now and plan to start up a project page soon. Got alot of great ideas from the site here and my brain is just a buzzing with the possibilities. Stay tuned.

Thanks for such a great site, awesome resource.

Here is a specked trout (saltwater) I caugh recently. Ironically, I caught it on the same Yakamoto senco worm that I used for bass fishing.

greer.jpg

:WELCOME: greer,

Nice lookin speck you got there.

Glad to hear you've made fishing/boating a family event. =D>

Hello,

I have been reading this site quite a bit for about the past 6 months and the amount of information here is awesome. I live in central Illinois, and do a lot of bass fishing in strip mine lakes in the area. I recently bought my first boat, a 16 ft polarcraft. I have started working on it a little bit but the weather is starting to be uncooperative, so most of it will be put off until early spring. I plan on doing a complete overhaul with front and rear decks and will be taking advantage of the many great ideas that I have seen on this site. When I get a little more underway, I will start a modification thread where I'm sure I will have plenty of questions for the experienced people here. Thanks for all the information, this site is awesome.

Aaron

Hey Aaron.....welcome to TinBoats. Happy to have you here. Don't forget to take and share pictures when you do start your project.

Hi you guys! Phil Thomas, new member and poster! I hope this post correctly! :?: Transplant from Phila., Pa. to Aulander, NC. Been here for almost 7 years and finally realized you can only do but so much yard work, house to do lists and tend vegetable patch before you go crazy and home becomes like a job! Thought fishing was boring[was I ever so wrong]! i am having a ball...like kid on Christmas! Finally decided to see what all the guys on the job were talking about and went to my in-laws in Va. and got my first lesson on fishing this summer. MAN, I AM HOOKED[no pun intended, well maybe so] but anyway. Married to a woman who lets me go fishing! :eek: Or at least still try to fish. Bought a lil' 12 footer v-hull off craigslist and thought that would be that! Price was right ..or so I thought! [-X Bearings went on trailer, older model trolling motor about ready to quit and I am scared to fire up the 4.5 Merk that came with the set-up! Or maybe it was a set-up? Don't know, don't care, the guy was really nice and a CHRISTIAN MAN WITH SMALL CHILDREN AND WIFE. After looking at alot of sites to find out what to do with "MY NEW MISTRESS", AS MY WIFE CALLS IT, I found you all! And let me just say...you guys seem to be just what the doctor ordered. Thanks for being for guys like me who want to know but don't know DIDDLY SQUAT! :mrgreen: The ideas and the know how are just amazing and mind boggling at the same time. There is so much to see and learn from you all. Okay, whew! =D> Right now I am in the process of finding regular trailer hubs for the trailer. It came with 15 inch car rims and nearly bald 195/60r15's. It did alright before the bearings got tore to peices and I realized what I am up against! [-o< So far no luck! The hub is four bolt patern on what seems to be 4.5 or 5.0 center. Do I continue to look for the hub, settle for car tires(nothing is wrong with the hub as it is now) or do I fancy cutting off the stem and weld on a regular trailer axle stem and start from scratch? Remember, Momma is already asking about all the money I am spending on my NEW MISTRESS anyway! Well, that is the beginning of the marriage saga! But I am still having sooooooo much fun.
P.S. I do want to strip and paint the trailer, possibly find mods for the 12 footer that I can do. Oh, yeah, it needs to be painted and the such. It is water tight, small, (I am pushing 280) the best I can make of it is a Blue Fin about 1984 or so! Pics will follow when I start doing.

Again, thanks for being there for me and us! Great site...great folks!

Hey Phil....Welcome to TinBoats and the world of having more than one mistress.

Post a picture or two of your bearing problem so we/I can get a handle on what you're up against. I'm certain you'll get several responses.

Happy to have you on board!

Welcome Aaron and Phil. I'm relativity new here also. I've started my mod and have taking lots of pictures....I just need to get post started and load it up.
I heard a quote the other day that sums this site up..... if you share your ideas with other people your ideas will only get better.

Hey guys, let me introduce myself, my name is Cody I live in Lake Charles, LA but im from Ocean Springs, MS. I have browsed the site for months now and finally got around to joining in on the fun. Great site! full of information. If anyone is around the Lake Charles area feel free to shoot me a pm.

Hey Cody......welcome to TinBoats. You're gonna love being a part of this family. Look forward to getting to know more about you.

Great site guys !!! Been lurking around for a while, but decided to get in the loop 8)

From Lake Charles LA, fish bass mostly but have been known to get out and chase specks and reds on occasion...

I purchased a G3 1652DK this spring and have done many small modifications to it and will post pics soon...

Thanks,
Hydro

just wanted to say hi i have been reading the forums for awhile and finnalt decided to join. i live here in va and just getting back into fishing i finnaly picked up another tiiny but she needs alot of work but i am disabaled so ni have plenty of time to slowly work on her over the winter. i hope to get some ideas and all from the site which i have aready. :D

vabeachxj said:
just wanted to say hi i have been reading the forums for awhile and finnalt decided to join. i live here in va and just getting back into fishing i finnaly picked up another tiiny but she needs alot of work but i am disabaled so ni have plenty of time to slowly work on her over the winter. i hope to get some ideas and all from the site which i have aready. :D

Welcome!
This is the closest place to a family you will find in an online forum. I hate to brown nose so I hate to say it, but this place is run perfectly.

vabeachxj.....

Welcome aboard. We're happy to have you as part of the family....in case you haven't noticed...we love pictures.

Oh yeah....brown nosing will get you far too. :LOL2: :LOL2:

Latest posts