New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy Ya'll, Slabdaddy is the handle and just got signed up. Been a visitor here for a couple weeks and see there are many people on here much smarter than me. I'm in South Carolina and fish out of a 1436 alumacraft with a 9.8 nissan and a 10 ft tracker with elec. motor. Sometimes go with son in his Gatortail when he bowfishes or gator hunts, so you can see we are a TIN- BOAT family!

Hey Slabdaddy....Good to have you here as an "official member". Although it's good to have lurkers too.....you aren't part of the family until you sign up. More family members can only make for a better family. So...go clean your room and take out the trash. Oh yeah....Welcome to the family!

I'm Joe. From Toronto/Trent River Ontario.

I purchased a 2010 14 ' lowe 1448 in September for fishing on the Trent River. There are no Jon Boats on my River. After using it for about 5 weeks (winter), I'm very happy with it.

I'm running a 2000 Merc 9.9 on it. With just me, it'll do close to 25 mph. Fish mostly for pickerel (walleye for my american cousins) and muskie.

Fish most weekends between Easter and Canadian Thanksgiving.

My other hobbies are my 85 Mustang (mostly original t-top car) and generally being outside.

I'm an IT Manager.

I'm Joe. From Toronto/Trent River Ontario.

Hey Joe....So glad to have you here and welcome to the family. We have a few other northern members here from CA also. All great guys that might be close to you. I'm sure you will run across them sooner or later. Have any questions.....I'm sure someone here will have an answer. Remember....the search function is great too.

:WELCOME:

Sup everyone, names Tony... long time lurker here.. finally joined and looking forward to contributing and learning..

couple years back i bought a 14' Duroboat and have been slowly trying to get a project together.

Projects in the works are similar to everyone else.
1. Front and back casting deck with storage compartments.
2. Livewell setup (using igloo cooler + a couple pumps and hoses)

Here is a recent pic, i'll post up more as I dive more into my projects.
duroboat.jpg

slabdaddy, steam_mill, heman,

Welcome aboard. =D>

Hello all from Washington State. Finally registered. Last spring I purchased a 1994 15 foot Klamath powered by a 40 horse Johnson and a 7.5 horse Honda kicker. I immediately started searching for ways to make it better, and stumbled onto the TinBoats net. I have yet to do much with the boat yet, but since it doesn't leak and goes well on the lake, I guess I have time. I think this site is where to be to get ideas and help with anything! :D

Hey Blue Jacket....welcome aboard. It's great to have you here and we look forward to updates on the mods to your boat. By the way....we love pictures. :LOL2:

I'm TJ from Slidell, La. Looking to get back into fishing again. Haven't really been since hurricane Katrina but my dad and I are wanting to start fixing up his boat so we can get back out on the water. We have a 1985 Bass Tracker III. Great boat, given lots of years of good service to us, but just needs a little TLC right now.

Bring it on TJ....we love new members and new we welcome you like family. (well the good family that is)
We also love boat pics. Welcome aboard!

Hello all! My name is Jason and I'm from Southern Alberta. I love this site! I've been looking for somthing like this for a long time and sort of stummbled across it yestereday. I've been checking out several builds and have racked up so many ideas on things I want to do to my little boat it's not even funny. This year was repairing the outside, next year I tackle the interior. She's a 12 foot Sterling Vee. I'm heading up to the big city in the next few weeks to give her a little boost; a 3.5 horse Mercury. Next year I want to build a rear deck to eclose the rear storage compartment, modify the middle bench into a storage locker, paint and carpet then change the seats. I also want to freshen up my trailer. As she sits she's a trout slayer!
This is my baby, I call her Fishstick.

The night I brought her home:
Newpics_0175.jpg

After paint:
Newpics_0186.jpg

My Dad:
Newpics_0187.jpg

New decals:
Newpics_0249.jpg

Thanks for having me all!

Wow Jason....you've done an amazing job so far. Keep up the great work. It really looks nice.....and WELCOME! So happy to have you here.

Keep us posted with any new mods too....we always love those, and don't hesitate to ask anything.

:WELCOME: pharaoh2

Thanks for joining!

Nice job on the before and after of the boat. Great looking pup also.

Love the shot of your dad and the life jacket! :beer:

Jim

Hey everybody. My name is Shawn and I am from Anniston, Al. I have been wanting a boat for the past couple of years but haven't had the time or money. But I recently graduated from college and have been on the hunt ever since. Little did I know that my father in law had been working on a boat for me ever since i proposed to his daughter. Finally last weekend he gave it to me for Christmas. It's a 12ft aluminum flat bottom, with a 9.9 Johnson. I am so excited to finally have a boat and broaden my fishing abilities. Now I just have to finish it the way i want to. Just by looking around so far i have seen many good ideas for my boat.

Attachments

• boatpic.JPG
    boatpic.JPG
    812.8 KB · Views: 385
Welcome aboard Shawn. Nice boat...nicer father-in-law. What a great way to start a marriage! Don't forget to take him out in it often.

Glad to have you here...and again, welcome!