New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello!

I'm a new guy. I have LOTS of forum experience, and LOTS of questions. So you'll be hearing from me pretty often in the next few weeks/months. I have a project I'd like to start working on, and I've never done anything like what y'all have got going on here. I've always lived by the ocean, and had fiberglass boats, so this PolarKraft is VERY new to me. As is modifying it to please me. I hope eventually I can be of some help to others, once I have made some mistakes of my own :mrgreen:

Everyone likes pictures, so for my intro, here is what I have, the day I picked it up:

IMAG1125.jpg

It's an 84 model, I believe, and it needs a lot of help. I think it's 18' or so. No shorter, maybe a tad longer. 40 hp mercury.

I look forward to meeting you all!
Kyle

Welcome Kyle.....that's a nice platform to start with. Keep us posted with any progress, and don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any.

Salutations from Tennessee, a friend turned me onto TBs & I'm glad he did, my old flat bottom is in need of a good fix'n up , from whats on TBs ther's plenty of food for thought.

FOX FIRE said:
Salutations from Tennessee, a friend turned me onto TBs & I'm glad he did, my old flat bottom is in need of a good fix'n up , from whats on TBs ther's plenty of food for thought.

Hey FOX FIRE.....happy to have you join us. Even if you are from Tennessee. :LOL2:

Seriously....you will find just about anything "tin boat" you can imagine here. But if you don't, please ask.

.....Howdy Ya'll from the Galveston,Texas area! I finally was able to retire from GTE/Verizon after "serving my time" and decided to fix up my flattie to fish out of. It's a lot cheaper to run than the Contender and will take me places that the other boat just can't go! Have already seen some excellent ideas from different parts of the country and will share some ideas that we use down here on the "South Coast" when I can.

Want to stop by and say Hey from East TN. Just bought a old Larson and a starcraft over the weekend.

Thanks

We just keep getting bigger and better.

Welcome to TinBoats CrewCab59! Great having you here. Take some pics of that boat and share them when you have a chance. We love pictures! :wink:

I found this site while searching images for ideals for my Tracker restoration. Have found several detailed stories that have given me great ideals. Liked the site so much I decided to join. I'm not one who spends a whole lot of time on forums, I only belong to one other. But this one look good. In my spare time I like to fish and that is about it. I work nightshift so between work, wife, and 5 kids my plate is full most of the time. I live near Frankfort Ky and fish 95% of the time on the river.

fender here are your pics you asked for :p

Larson
Year ?:
Lenght :15'
Wide Gunwales : 67"
Transom : 54"
Transom Height : 22"
35hp Johnson 2 stroke

Starcraft
12'
4hp evinrude
Larson 006.JPGLarson 009.JPGLarson 007.JPGLarson 010.JPG

Hi my name is Ed and ive been lurking in here for a month looking at all the great work thats been done. Well all this warm weather and seeing what others have done has got me thinking its time to bring some life back to my aluminum driveway ornament :) . I hope to talk to some good people on here and maybe get some good advice. Im sure ill be asking alot of questions and reading alot of posts. Oh im 37 years old and im pretty handy with tools and welders but I have never even thought about doing this to a jon boat.