New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot to mention. I do live here in the carpet capitol of the world and have connections to outdoor and marine carpet. Let me know what color and I'll send you some samples and price.

Later,

Sharpie

Hi Everyone,

FNG here from Minnesota. I am just wrapping up the "rehabilitation" of my very first boat. It's an early 80's/late 70's Landau model 1460v (i'm 80% on this can't recall at this exact moment).

The boat has been sitting in the back 40 on the trailer since I was a kid. Holds water great so I figure it should float. I'm just finishing up decking the front and rear along with floors in the middle two spaces between seats. Wiring is about finished and the carpet is all wrapped up. I know, I shouldn't have used carpet...haha

I've been perusing this forum since I got the boat, and have utilized much of the information found within ;) Thanks everyone!

I still have some questions which is why I'm registering. I will post them in the appropriate areas in due time.

Cheers!

M1-1

M1-1 said:
I've been perusing this forum since I got the boat, and have utilized much of the information found within ;) Thanks everyone!
M1-1

Looks like you owe us a lot of pictures! :roll:

Seriously....welcome to TinBoats. It's about time! We've been waiting for you. :LOL2:

fender66 said:
M1-1 said:
M1-1

Looks like you owe us a lot of pictures! :roll:

Seriously....welcome to TinBoats. It's about time! We've been waiting for you. :LOL2:

+1 on the pics and :WELCOME:

Finally registered, been lurking here for months, taking in all the knowledge I can.
The name's Steve, live in the eastern panhandle of good 'ol West-by-God. My passion is river fishing, primarily the Upper Potomac between Paw Paw and Hancock, and also the Cacapon. I have two tin boats, a 60-something 1436 Eldocraft with a 69 Eska 7 given to me by my dad, and a 1438 Fisher MV with a 66 Evinrude Fastwin 18 I just purchased last week. I modified the Eldo for catfishing, as of yet haven't done anything to the Fisher.

Hi All!!
Just found this site and am I glad! I recently (09/11) bought a used 1971 14' GM (that's what the title says) Jonboat. It has a 1973 Johnson Seahorse 20 hp outboard, a 50lb thrust Minkota trolling motor on the transom and an Eagle Fish-mark 320 fish finder. I'll post pics of it and the fixes/upgrades/redo's, etc in the Project folder as I get things done.

I look forward to getting her lake worthy.

Thanks!!

First off, great site. Came here initially looking for info on aluminum hull repair. Became hooked on the restroration threads, and been trolling ever since. Hopefully will have my own build going soon, but walleye opener is next weekend. Family, friends, fish. Booyah. :)

Howdy folks new member here looking for ideas and maybe share some of my own idears. I just happened across this site last night and joined however I do see some familiar faces from other forums :-D

Hi Everyone. New guy here. I have a 1951 Sears 14' Flatbottom that I'm rebuilding to suit my needs. There will be NO carpet. Love this sight! The majority of fishing forums I've found have looked down their noses at my little boat.
I live in Ormond Beach Florida, and fish saltwater in the backcountry streams, Tomoka Basin.
I call my boat Aft Backwards. You can call me Benny Fishall.

Attachments

• red1.jpg
    red1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 605
Hello, I'm here in RI. I just bought my first john boat so I can take my two boys fishing on some local lakes. I'm a 35 year old father of 3, OIF 1 veteran, and have been fishing and hunting most of my life. I've seen some pics of the mods done to john boats and I hope to get some ideas for mine. its a 15 ft I bought from my neighbor for only $700 with an electric trolling motor.

cardosadan76 said:
Hello, I'm here in RI. I just bought my first john boat so I can take my two boys fishing on some local lakes. I'm a 35 year old father of 3, OIF 1 veteran, and have been fishing and hunting most of my life. I've seen some pics of the mods done to john boats and I hope to get some ideas for mine. its a 15 ft I bought from my neighbor for only $700 with an electric trolling motor.

Sounds like you have a great start cardosadan. You and your boys are going to love the time you spend together! Welcome to TinBoats. We're happy to have you on board.

Hello! I have visited te sight many times while tinkering with my old 14' Sears boat. I finally registered. I bought it 3 or 4 years ago and me and the kids float it every weekend the weather is decent. We caught a mess of trout on Pattison Lake opening weekend. Pretty basic set up with a Nissan 5hp that started on the first pull this spring. It also has a Minn Kota trolling motor that does the lions share of the paddling and a Hummingbird fishfinder. I have added new plywood to the transom and seats last summer along with some carpeted decks so my 3 year old grandson can get around. So far this season I added myself a raised fishing seat so I can see over the kids, and plug welded some old holes in the transom which stopped the leaks. I might add another fishing seat and getting ready to paint it some time soon.

Latest posts