New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone. Northeast Indiana bluegill fisherman here. Anyone regret selling their first fishing boat? I certainly did. Been visiting the site for a while and after picking this 14 footer and trailer up for $175, I decided to join. THis site has a wealth of information and I continue to be amazed at the innovative builds. If possible, I need some help identifying it as all tags are gone. By the design of the handle on the bow i think it's a Rich Line but need confirmation. I've pulled the 2nd and 3rd benches to wire wheel, prime and paint. Hoping to put in a floor and deck up front by the spawn. Should have the etching primer and topcoat on by next week but have to leak test first. PO assured me it floated but not taking any chances. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• boat 1.jpg
    boat 1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,124
  • boat 2.jpg
    boat 2.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,124
Hey Craigmax.....welcome to the TinBoat family. You're gonna love it here.

Really cool looking boat you have there. I love the weathered and aged look but also love to see the progress photos of the restore.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will be painting next week then moving to flooring. I've yet to see a build thread with step by step instructions for decking. Can anyone point me to the model detailed deck build threads? Wood, aluminum, removable, permanent, doesnt matter. Thanks

Alex, 27 in a few days and I am a contractor from Rhode Island. I mostly fly fish these days but I spend my in season nights surfcasting. I have had tin boats in the past for bass fishing and this time around our (my wife fishes as well) mission will be pike on the fly.

Hello fellow tin boaters. I'm a Retired Coast Guard Aviation Structural Mechanic, and a current Navy civilian employee doing H-60 helicopter overhaul, (aircraft sheetmetal mechanic).

I have a 16' johnboat with a 25 HP evinrude I use for fishing mostly.

There is a ditch the Army corp of engineers dug years ago on the other side of the Currituck Sound I fish (Cories ditch). I can only go on calm, good weather days, because it is a large body of water for my boat. Ever since taking my wife out to Cories Ditch, and she caught several large catfish and some small strippers, she is hooked on fishing this ditch.

https://www.outerbanks.com/currituck-sound.html

I am planning on upgrading to a 17'+ semi-V with console steering and more power. I'm going to look at a Tracker 17 TX (boat and trailer only) next week. My neighbor has a 1989 20' Astro bass boat with 200 HP for sale $2800, but I want an aluminum boat.

I'd like to build my own aluminum boat one day, maybe a jet boat? But that's a bucket list item.

Anyway, this is a great site, because an aluminum boat is the only way to go in my opinion.

Hello everyone from Denver.. I look forward to posting my recently and first time purchase of a 14' aluminum boat. I'ts a project for sure but with some hard work and time it should be a great little fish catching machine.. So far with all the research I've done it led me here.

Welcome aboard, Milehigh. I'm sure you'll find loads of great ideas and help right here on TinBoats.net.. The best boat n fishin site on the net..
BTW I have a brother that lives in Denver also.

HOGIE here! Just checking in. Living in northern Illinois now, but plan is to be in the south by this this time next year. Just bought my first fishing boat ('15 Tracker PT 175 w/75 Merc ) and am looking forward to ice out so I can hit the water.

Hello, I am Michael from Bunch Marine in Harriman TN. We sell Lowe, Ranger and Triton tin boats. I found this yesterday and tin is my specialty here. I hope to be of help to anyone here and if you do have a question, I'll do my best to answer.

Hello, I am a new member I live in Placerville, CA. I was told about this site from another member I met Presidents Day weekend at New Melones Reservoir. My wife and I have a 2008 12ft Lund with a 9.9hp motor. I am looking at making some mods to it soon and was told this site had some good info on mods.

Bob

Hello, I am Jim and I have a 14 foot jon that I am going to sell and pickup a 17 -18 foot that is 60 inches wide.

I did find a 20 foot boat has been in a field for the last 10 yeas.

I live in Washington State and I plan on using this boat in rivers for fishing.

Latest posts