New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Morning everyone. Found this site a few days ago while surfing net and it looks like my kind of site. Been a fisherman for about 50+ years and still LOVE IT. Currently running a Tracker Pro Team 175 with 75hp Mercury. Have run everything from Hydra Sports, Champions and Lowes. I guess you can tell I like to trade boats. Live in eastern Oklahoma and fish the Three Rivers area around Muskogee. Look forward to reading more on this site.

Hi! I'm James - from British Columbia (Canada) - 15 mins North of Washington State. Just bought my first tinny - a 12' 1970 Canadian Boat Mfg Company (now Princecraft). Went with 12', as it fits nicely on my tent trailer (and in my garage on my tent trailer). 54" beam, so it's fairly stable. No trailer, as I will either use the tent trailer (has a boat rack) when we're off camping, or a utility trailer with a boat rack that I already own....

I'm a Scout leader (15 years) and long time fisherman. Haven't had a boat since I was a kid (I'm nearly half way through my 40's). Up until now, I HAVE had a yak and a canoe..... but getting too old for paddles LOL

Not sure that I'll be doing a TON of rehab to my boat, but so very interesting reading all of your projects (kinda gets the ol noggin churnin....).

Hello all. I'm an old guy from N. Calif who is in love with my family, boats and fishing. Trout fishing is my main fish but will throw bait or lure for anything with fins including ocean species.
Retired as a machinist / mechanic and really enjoy buying, fixing and flipping tin boats and fixing anything broken or in need of repair.
Am just finishing up another MirroCraft 14' that I intend to keep. Joined the site about a week ago and find this place is a gold mine of information and has the most friendly and incredible folks of any fish related site.
Thanks for having me.

Hello everyone, I have been learning from this site for awhile and I decided it was about time I joined in on the fun.
Here's a bit about me.
I am a retired electrician.
I enjoy fishing for anything that will bite my hook.
I like to hunt large and small game.
In the winter, when the weather makes me hole up, I work with my amateur radio station.
That's me, now I am off to ask boat repair questions .. :D

Hey Shooter......good to have you here as part of the family. Sounds like you have a lot of the same interests that many of us do. Don't forget we love pictures. :roll:

Hi I'm Mark. I have had fiberglass boats my whole life and have been looking for a good used tin boat. I found one and I can't wait to start using it. its in the shop getting the motor fixed up. high speed problem...... It is blue and white and quite a looker. A custom built 16.

I am married to my high school sweet heart. I have 4 children. all pretty much grown. the youngest is in college and plays baseball for LSU. #32. so we spend a lot of time doing that. but fishing is our passion and we go down to the coast and chase speckled trout every chance we get.

Hey all!

I have been poking around on here for a while and joined up today.
I just about lived in a jon fishing ponds and small rivers as a kid. Then I took way too many
years off from fishing while slaving and raising a family, but I'm back with a vengeance.
Kids are grown and I have the right wife now. :D
I'm a fly fisherman and I mostly wade. But I have the boat itch again for stalking carp and bass.
So I picked up an old, cheap 1232 to play with. After learning from the accumulated genius on here, I'm ready.
Got my Steelflex, lab metal, 5200 on order. Not gonna go crazy on it because it's too narrow for the dream boat.
Transom work, jack plate for a little 4 stroke, patches, paint and a simple ply/carpet floor. Done.
Already scheming for number 2. I'll throw up a report when I start to build.
Thanks already!

Dougfish...

Welcome to our TinBoats family. I can tell you already have the bug and are hooked. (so to speak)

Take pictures of your mods....we love pictures. :mrgreen:

Just joined. I do a lot of kayak fishing in the rivers lakes and ocean. I just picked up a project boat for a fall/ winter project.
It is a 84 Gregor modified v jon boat? 19' 90 inch beam cc. I am in process of taking it down to nothing for all new wood decking and transom.
I am in northern California east of sacramento.

Dave

Attachments

• 20150808_185020.jpg
    20150808_185020.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,405
Just joined the forum (obvious, right?) :)

I live in northern NY near Watertown. I own 2 boats, both aluminum Sea Nymphs. One is a 1974 model 14A Cartopper V-hull row boat and the other is a 1987 Striper CC191 deep V center console.

My 14A is powered by a 1996 3.3hp Evinrude outboard, a 40# Minn Kota trolling motor and outfitted with an older Eagle Ultra Classic Plus fish finder.

The CC191 is powered by a 1986 90hp Evinrude V4 VRO and a 1992 15hp Evinrude for big water trolling. I also have a 70# thrust 24v Minn Kota trolling motor for other trolling duties. It is equipped with 2 older Canon electric downriggers, a Big Jon dual manual planer mast with Otter Boat planers, an older Lowrance LMS339cDF iGPS color fish finder, a new Humminbird Helix 5 DI GPS fish finder, and a handheld Cobra marine VHF radio. It also has a 54" tall, 8ft long bimini top and a large live well under a seat in front of the center console.

I use the 14A to catch all legal sport fish on our inland lakes and rivers, and I use the CC191 for all large rivers, large lakes, bays and Lake Ontario. I've been boating for over 30 years and I've been fishing for over 40 years, to include salt water in Texas and fresh water from Texas to Illinois, to New York, to Georgia.

Hello everyone! My name is Ceasar I currently have a pelican bass raider. I am looking into getting a John boat just don't know which one yet.

Texas Prowler said:
Hello everyone! My name is Ceasar I currently have a pelican bass raider. I am looking into getting a John boat just don't know which one yet.
:WELCOME: Thanks for joining! I also have a Basshunter style boat....awesome! Good luck in your search!