New member to Tinboats and starting a boat mod!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbfire5

Reaction score
Hello all!

After being away from fishing for awhile due to new children arriving to the family, I have finally made it back to the fishing family. I have received a 1969 Ouachita boat from an old friend of mine. The boat is a little small coming in at about 11' 6" but for free I will not complain. This boat will only be used for fishing a reservoir down the road from my house. I will only be using a transom mount trolling motor for propulsion at this time. Sorry, enough of me rambling!! :lol: I am trying to deck the boat and have two pedestal seats mounted. I guess my question at this time would be, what is the best size would to use for framing out the deck, and the size thickness of the wood for the platform itself. I would like the deck to be level with the bench seats. I am sure there are multiple ways to do this. I hate to say this but I am looking for the cheapest and safest options out there. Any help out there to this post will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance and good luck to all this season.

Brad "bbfire5"

Attachments

• ouachita boat.jpg
    ouachita boat.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 901
Welcome, man. As far as ideas, just go through as many posts as you can to see all the different ways people have come up with. There is a lot of information here. If you post specific questions, they will likely answer.

Welcome to the Ouachita and Tinboats families. Both are great! Mine is a 16DSV. I haven't modified mine much (yet 8) ), but here she is with fresh paint inside and out... I'm working on some rod holders for her now. Adding another Swivl-eze base, and have installed a new Anchor-mate to replace the 15+ year old one I had. Maybe a low front deck and flat floors when finances allow.

Attachments

• BoatPainted 012.jpg
    BoatPainted 012.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 859
  • BoatPainted 014.jpg
    BoatPainted 014.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 859
ChitownBasser said:
Welcome, man. As far as ideas, just go through as many posts as you can to see all the different ways people have come up with. There is a lot of information here. If you post specific questions, they will likely answer.

Thank you for the nice welcome bud, I will most definitely browse the site and try to figure something out...Thanks again...BBFIRE5

Ringo Steele said:
Welcome to the Ouachita and Tinboats families. Both are great! Mine is a 16DSV. I haven't modified mine much (yet 8) ), but here she is with fresh paint inside and out... I'm working on some rod holders for her now. Adding another Swivl-eze base, and have installed a new Anchor-mate to replace the 15+ year old one I had. Maybe a low front deck and flat floors when finances allow.

Thanks for the reply, looks like you have done a fine job on your Ouachita...gives me something to strive for :lol: I really don't know to much about my boat yet, but am looking forward to backing her into the water...guess I will try to put some decking in it, kind of nervous but gotta try....lol, Take care bbfire5

Take your time and enjoy the rebuild. I found that to be the most fun!