New Member with 79 Sylvan rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need them because you don't have them, or because you want new ones?

Reason I ask that is that I have four of them. They aren't terribly nice, If I remember right. They could be painted with a metallic silver paint-which would give a brushed look-which might actually look OK.

LonLB, Mine are gone. so much corrosion they just fell apart. I guess 32 years of salt water is not good for everything. I had to clean up and paint a few other metal components. Do you want to sell what you have?

BillG said:
LonLB, Mine are gone. so much corrosion they just fell apart. I guess 32 years of salt water is not good for everything. I had to clean up and paint a few other metal components. Do you want to sell what you have?

Nope. :LOL2:

But you can have them for free. PM me your address.

LonLB, Thank you for your much appreciated offer. I can't figure out this PM stuff at the moment, but I can give you an address.
Bill Gessner
P.O. Box 241
Summerdale, Pa.

Had to work on the boat today. Not exactly what I wanted to be doing with it. Cleaned off the boat cover.

Attachments

• 001 (1).JPG
    001 (1).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 409
Picked up some new to me used seats off Clist. Drove a hundred miles one way to pick them up. Paid $299 for all. Need to clean them up and do a few patches with the vinyl repair kit, but I could not pass these up as you will see in the pictures.

The last picture is what I had in the boat. No problem with condition and I already have them listed on Clist.

I will need to remove the cushions I made and installed where the jump seats sit.

Attachments

• DSCN0285.JPG
    DSCN0285.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 386
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 386
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 386
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 386
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 386
They were worth the drive. I already sold the other seats so all is good.

Man I really can't wait to get back to it. Plus camp opens back up in 1 1/2 months. I'm getting jumpy. I have cabin fever.

Hello everyone,

It has been awhile since I've visited the site. I have made some accomplishments on the boat but, i'm still not in the water.
I managed to fire the engine but, am having a problem with the carbs flooding. The flooding occurs only after the engine is warm. I have to push the key in and turn to start but, this also activates the choke. The choke is what I believe is causing the carbs to flood.

I really don't know how my controls are supposed to operate. I am going to take some pictures and post them so I can get some feedback on how they work.

Is the choke supposed to activate everytime the engine is turned over?

I removed both carbs and cleaned. I also adjusted the floats according to the manual I have. On a cold start the engine runs fine. If I let it warm up and stop it and then try to restart is when I have my problems.

All help is very welcome.

Engine is running good in tote. I was flooding carbs by activating choke. I am still learning. I still don't know how to increase throttle speed in neutral?

I added a tell tail to the engine. Works really well.

Patched a screw hole I found on the underside of the boat. It was filled with silicone. I filled it with an aluminum rivet and waterweld epoxy.

I was also wondering if the amount of oil residue in the water of the tote is excessive for about ten minutes of total run time? This was about five to six starts and stops.009 (640x480).jpg011 (640x480).jpg012 (640x480).jpg013 (640x480).jpg014 (640x480).jpg

005 (640x480).jpgIt's been awhile since my last post but, I wanted to share a couple pics and say we finally launched!

Attachments

• 004 (640x480).jpg
    004 (640x480).jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 169