New TinBoat Addict With New Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lbursell said:
I don't really see what you can do with that boat besides just cruisin', but its definitely off the charts for style points. Beautiful trailer, too.

Not true, some boys in Arkansas decided you could cruise AND duck hunt from it. The trailer was free.

Okay, that's it, I hijacked my own thread. I'll start a new one on the Rocket when I get around to starting on it. Thanks for all the comments.

Just take a look at pawn stars. Stuff that's rare, is worth money to someone. That's almost like an old jetski. You don't wanna fish outta that. You'd be the fastest on the lake.

Holy C@#p that's a beautiful restore job. I like to think I'm pretty handy but that took some skill. Any chance of telling what that cost you? I love the restored motor on there too. The whole thing just screams style.

:roll: Sorry for the confusion, Coolhand. Those are not the same boats. I just threw those pics up so Buford could get a look at one originally looked like.

Hey Jdret, I got the same trailer! Wish I had that rocket! When was that trailer made? Mine has the coil springs, shocks and the thingy for the winch...I put bigger wheels on mine. Any way that axel is replaceable? Some previous owner ran it with a bad bearing and scared/gouged up one side.

101_1234.jpg

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15880

101_1373.jpg

101_1698.jpg

Got that feathercraft done yet???? I'm anxious to see it. I been scouring CL and ebay and every where else lookin 4 the same dang boat now! make sure ya keep the pics a comin.

Hey Sgt,

The bright shiny rocket is not mine, that's just a picture I threw up of one in original colors. I believe the one with the Rocket is a Tee Nee trailer. I assume you're talking about the spindle that is scored. You should be able to break the weld that's holding the spindle in the axle, remove and replace it. That is if you can find a spindle with the right stub and spindle dimensions. I had to completely fab a new axle out of square steel tubing and new axles because the old axle spindles would not take the newer type hubs....too short.

Anyway, I got my spindles at Northern Tool. Take a look and see how your's is attached.

hey I have a Bail-O-Matic that came off a 1941 Scott Sport (that I can't get working) they should be the same, so if you want it I can send it to you.

redneckfisher said:
hey I have a Bail-O-Matic that came off a 1941 Scott Sport (that I can't get working) they should be the same, so if you want it I can send it to you.

Yeah, that would be great, red. I've got the other parts I needed on the way, but the parts guy didn't have any of those. I'll send you a pm.

Between the holidays, working overtime and the weather, nothing much. I have acquired some of the missing hardware. There is a fella in Canada that casts reproductions which is a lifesaver when restoring these old boats.