newbie alert!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice choice. Abu makes great, long lasting products. I am sure you will be hooked very quickly to bass fishing since you live in GA. I am sure there are many places near you that lunkers lurk. I can't wait to see some pictures of your soon to be caught fish. It only takes one encounter with a lunker, whether or not you catch it or not, to make you an addict. Good luck with your new setup, definately take the rod back and get a spinning version, it would work, but it was also cause a lot of problems.

Good Luck

I suggest getting a 6'6" medium heavy fast action rod in whatever you prefer(spinning or casting), and using the darn thing. Put some 10 or 12 pound test line on it and throw whatever you want. Spinnerbait, jig, worm, crankbait, whatever, etc. Don't worry about specific techniques until you learn the basics. Thats how I got started. Just get out there and fish. Have fun, that's what its all about. You'll learn/progress/upgrade as you go. But the #1 priority is having fun, period. Just get out there and fish, you'll see.

Ok...should have read page 2 before posting....duh.

I agree with the tips above, but I think you might be asking for something more specific.

OK...you said you had the rod and reel.

This would be my setup if I was in your shoes...Abu-Garcia Cardinal spinning reel, Berkley Trilene 8 pound monofilament line, Berkley Cherrywood or Lightning Rod fishing rod, 6'6'' in medium or medium heavy action.

For lures, I would get 3 or 4 spinnerbaits in white, chartreuse, or a combination or the two colors, and a couple of Rattletraps in chrome/blue or chrome/black. These are real easy lures to fish...cast 'em out and reel 'em in. When you are comfortable with these, try other lures...ask the experienced fishermen you know for suggestions and how to fish them.

I tell, ya', I wish sometimes this was all I had, instead of the boxes full of junk I haul around to fish with.

shootisttx said:
This would be my setup if I was in your shoes...Abu-Garcia Cardinal spinning reel, Berkley Trilene 8 pound monofilament line, Berkley Cherrywood or Lightning Rod fishing rod, 6'6'' in medium or medium heavy action.

No way, this is the exact setup I just came home with from a trip to Walmart. Same brands and sizes and everything heheh.

Latest posts