Nother noob question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeSC

Reaction score
I have a roller on the front im looking to replace (picture to follow). How far forward should i put the replacement bracket and the bunk... Also im looking for a new solution to the bow stop i currently have...

Any suggestions are appreciated...

Attachments

• rsz_stop.jpg
    rsz_stop.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 300
  • rsz_stop2.jpg
    rsz_stop2.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 300
  • CE27850_15_500.jpg
    CE27850_15_500.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 300
  • rsz_roller.jpg
    rsz_roller.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 300
If you're replacing the "V" shaped bow rest with the bunk then I'd align it higher than the position of your "V" setup - however, your lower roller doesn't appear to be in-line with one of the riveted support braces - I'd start by aligning your rollers with the braces, then move on to align the bow support.

Lower roller has been replaced with the bunk set up in my original post. It was all bent and flimsy, the front of the boat wobbled around while on the trailer. It had to be changed, the set up now is much more stable. The V bow stop is next to be changed out once i find a solution I'm happy with. Thanks for the input...

Attachments

• rsz_roller3.jpg
    rsz_roller3.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 232
MikeSC,

In my experience, a johnboat will be FAR more stable/secure on a typical trailer & thus will "ride" better with the addition of a padded support (a piece of "scrap" 2x4 lumber & covered with carpet, to protect the hull) welded (or "through-bolted") from a simple piece of pipe, the 2x4 then bolted to the pipe & the "padded support" positioned about 12-18" from the bow.

just my opinion, satx