Odd tools.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lckstckn2smknbrls

Reaction score
What kind of odd tools do you have?
I have a very old and very small pipe wrench. With the jaws closed it measures just under 6".
The jaws work the same with a little tilt, it has a nice wooden grip on the handle. It's just very small.
It works great with small pipe around 3/8".

@lckstckn2smknbrls , you may have created a monster! haha. Truth is this thread hit right when I was going through all the stuff in my garage. I am eliminating as much stuff (big and small) as possible and doing a major remodel of the cabinets & work bench. My son is taking everything so if I have a need I know where to go. Objective is to fit both cars in the garage.

Here is a handheld countersink or a deburring tool. Not sure which. As original it was made to fit in a brace. I added the handle just for fun because I don't have a brace and I must have had nothing better to do that day.

countersink.jpg

Last edited:
The pilot bits on the right with the adjustable depth collar are from Sears & Roebuck around mid to late '70's. They work pretty well, especially if you want to send smoke signals. The pilot bit on the left is my favorite when I want to quickly deal with installing a lot of screws.

pilot bits.jpg

I have some.

I think this is the smallest pair of Channel Locks made. They still make this 424 size. This pair is at least 50 years old. Not very practical IMO. I don't think I've ever actually used them.

View attachment 122881
Have a pair like that, only use them fir making fishing rigs, great small crimper and yes for some very small electric connections
@lckstckn2smknbrls , you may have created a monster! haha. Truth is this thread hit right when I was going through all the stuff in my garage. I am eliminating as much stuff (big and small) as possible and doing a major remodel of the cabinets & work bench. My son is taking everything so if I have a need I know where to go. Objective is to fit both cars in the garage.

Here is a handheld countersink or a deburring tool. Not sure which. As original it was made to fit in a brace. I added the handle just for fun because I don't have a brace and I must have had nothing better to do that day.

View attachment 122906
Have one similar in my toolbox, retired tool maker and yep, I made mine as well!

I have some.

I think this is the smallest pair of Channel Locks made. They still make this 424 size. This pair is at least 50 years old. Not very practical IMO. I don't think I've ever actually used them.

View attachment 122881
Use mine but not a lot, was great for holding distributor condenser bolt / nut parts from back in 60's, still have them!

No photo, but my Craftsman table saw is cast iron.

No idea how old it is. It was my uncles and I remember it in his workshop when I was around 5, so 60 years ago. Who knows how old it was already...

That was my first table saw. Cast iron table with steel wings (solid, not the ones with holes/slots). 24" rip capacity. I got a lot of use out of that old table saw. Built the attached china cabinet, kitchen cabinets, and a lot of other things using that old saw. I eventually graduated from that to a Jet ProShop table saw. I still have that one for the time being.

China.jpg

That was my first table saw. Cast iron table with steel wings (solid, not the ones with holes/slots). 24" rip capacity. I got a lot of use out of that old table saw. Built the attached china cabinet, kitchen cabinets, and a lot of other things using that old saw. I eventually graduated from that to a Jet ProShop table saw. I still have that one for the time being.

View attachment 122914
My son is an avid woodworker and has many nice tools. But his nicest tool is his table saw....granite table top !! Never saw one before....actually has micrometer precision adjustments. No vibration at all and quiet.

Latest posts