One bait, six bass

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkbirocz

Reaction score
Hit a pond midday today for a couple hours. We have had a ton of rain since last week....6+ inches and it has been screwing things up to say the least. I decided to hit the pond cause the lakes haven't been working out. I stopped at the bait shop to pick up some jigs and trailers, since I always lose all I have whenever I use them. I got to the pond and it was only a misty drizzle, soon to be a steady rain, and then a hard rain. So I rigged up a black and blue jig with a matching trailer and started casting. Within the first five casts I missed a fish, and within 10 minutes I had landed two small bass just over a pound. I continued missing hits, then finally stuck a good one, soon after the rain really started picking up. I hooked and landed the biggest fish of the day, a heavy 5lber, and just happened to get the worst picture of the day. I was hoping the rain would slow up, but it didn't so I ran back to the car and got my rain jacket. Minutes later, I hooked another nice fish right around 3 lbs, this one escaped the photo shoot due to the rain. To end the day I landed another nice fish and headed home. I would have stayed longer if I would have worn my rain jacket from the start, I was just a little uncomfortable with a wet sweatshirt under my rain jacket #-o I always like the days when I only have to tie one leader and one bait on, and never change baits 8)

Frog fishing will always be my favorite way to catch LM, but setting the hook with a jig and connecting, is about as satisfying of a feeling there is for me when it comes to fishing :mrgreen:

The three biggest chunks

10510byrainlm2-1.jpg

101510byrainlm4-1.jpg

101510byrainlm3-1.jpg

jkbirocz said:
I stopped at the bait shop to pick up some jigs and trailers, since I always lose all I have whenever I use them.

You mean all I have - I cannot remember you even using your own jigs much less loosing them.

Did you get some with rattles??? I will need to 'borrow" them

Wish we could get some rain,keeps on going by us.
Solid fish,gotta get me some rattles and fish those jigs.
WTG.

Latest posts