one muskie today

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
omg them are some good muskies, did you get them all in one year? the first one is pig!
how did you fish for them?
jiging,jurkbaits,casting,or live bait?

Thx. Muskie man,
All five where last season except for the 58"...it was 2006 !
The 53" & 46" were caught casting on a Super Cowgirl Bucktail and a Bondy Bait respectively.
The 48" & 50" were trolling using 8" body baits at 4 MPH.
The 58" was trolling using a 10" firetiger believer. (it's the current world record, catch & release that's registered with FHF in Hayward WI.)
We never use live bait as we are strickly "Catch & Release" and using live bait normally is hard to
accomplish C&R .
We have lots of friends that we fish with that caught many 50" class big girls last year also.

Rick (alias DTR) 8)

Thx. Jim :lol:

Hey Muskie Man,

I owned a small truck'n company a few years ago and had many loads every month to MN. and have fished LOTW's and been to Hayward to the Hall of Fame twice......my main customer was Solway MN. near Bemidgi.....was there many times....but haver hunted Muskie in MN yet ! :oops:
Have been to the Chicago Muskie Show about 5 times and to the Mn/St Paul one once.
Where do you hail from ????? :?:
Love to get down there sometime !!!!! [-o<
You should try out where the big girls live...up here in Canuck Land ! #-o
Cheers,
DTR 8)

Very Very nice fish! Any muskie over 50in. is a trophy fish in my opinion and you got a bunch of them. My biggest is 48in but theres some big boys in the river here, they are just a little fiesty to land with the light tackle we use. I dont use anything more than 12lb test EVER with a 30lb steel leader. When the big ones hit its game on. I know that ive lost at least 3 well over the 50in mark but ill get one yet!!!!!! Like I said before very nice fish. Your making me jealous. Keep it up, it makes me fish even harder when I see hogs like that!!!!!!!

im from Lackeville MN, but i just stared muskie fishing last year. im going to try to go to all the big muskie lake in MN but ya if i can shave up some money and go up to canada try up there. wut lakes do you fish up there?

Hey mtnman....I'll send you some more Hoggs when I get 'em !
Check out: www.muskiescanada.ca lots of photos in there too. :shock:

Hey muskie man.....so you live just off I-35 south of the Twins ? Dakota Co. ? :?:
See post #10 on : "Nice Muskie" for the lakes/rivers that I fish.

Cheers all,
:D Rick (Alias DTR)

Same thing for me :cry:
The closest Muskie Waters are 150 km.(90 miles) away from my home in Kitchener and
my favourite fishing #-o is almost 400 km. (240 miles) up at my cabin on the French River.
Therefore my LUND stays up north most of the time. My Toyota Tundra 4x4 really sucks back the gas hauling the boat. Gas up here is $1.25 per litre....there are 4.5 litres to a gallon...you do the math ???? And you thought gas was expensive in the US ! :roll:
Cheers,
Muskie Rick 8)

Latest posts