OpenCPN chartplotting software

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flat Bottom

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm just starting to experament with OpenCPN chartplotting software, it's free and works off of NOAA free enc charts. https://opencpn.org/ocpn/ I was just wondering if anyone here has tried this out? If it works as I hope it does it will be instramental in finding and locating fishing spots.

Finally had a chance to try the software out. I am still learning how to use it but it is very handy to try new fishing spots. It is acurate in finding depths and keeping you on track to get to destinations that you would otherwise probably never be able to find just cruising around. Still in it's infancy but working pretty good.

Did someone say free? :D

So, how do you load it into your equipment? I just bought a VHF radio with a built in chart plotter and am looking for a new fish finder with a built in chart plotter. These will be going into my new ocean boat project.

Sounds like some cool stuff for those whe fish charted waters. Unfortunatly not all of have charts for the rivers we fish.

Its free and I run it on a small laptop, not sure about loading it onto other devices, it runs on noaa encs and there are tons of them out there. There may be some for the areas you fish, you would just have to check it out and see.

Latest posts