Opening Day success!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One Legged Josh

Reaction score
I got in the stand this Saturday morning at 6:15. At 7:20 5 does came in, it took me about 10 minutes to get a clean shot. I hit her in the heart quartering slightly away and broke her right leg on the way through.
She went 45 yards and dropped. The weird thing was the other four does (three fawns and a huge matriarch doe) wouldnt leave her side.
It started to rain hard so I shewed them off and claimed my prize. She weighed 129 at the butcher shop. This was by far the fattest doe I have ever shot. I was the first at he check in station with a deer, and the first to the butcher shop!

Cell phone pic, I'll post another later when I get it off the camera.

Attachments

• 0926090834.jpg
    0926090834.jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 662
congrats! send some of that luck my way

The weird thing was the other four does (three fawns and a huge matriarch doe) wouldnt leave her side.

i hate seeing them do that but thats the way it goes. may have been the nanny

Loggerhead Mike said:
congrats! send some of that luck my way

The weird thing was the other four does (three fawns and a huge matriarch doe) wouldnt leave her side.

i hate seeing them do that but thats the way it goes. may have been the nanny

Consider Luck sent! I let the biggest one walk away with the fawns. I aged this ones jaw and she was only 2 1/2.

you done it now. now you gotta explain how you aged it :LOL2:

ive heard and read about the teath wear but never got a grasp for it. was her back 2 teeth wore out and the next'n in line half way worn? sorry if that doesnt make any since

Loggerhead Mike said:
you done it now. now you gotta explain how you aged it :LOL2:

ive heard and read about the teath wear but never got a grasp for it. was her back 2 teeth wore out and the next'n in line half way worn? sorry if that doesnt make any since

I have a comparison aging set, It is a bunch of jaws on a ring. I got it from Deer & Deer Hunting Magazine. The set is a "standard" It will vary (tooth Wear) on how sandy the soil is in your area too.
On this deer the last teeth were round and the 2nd from the back were worn, too much wear for a 1 1/2 and not enough (by comparison) for a 3 1/2 year old.
MAKE SENSE?

Congrats on the doe. Great way to start off the season.

Season opens here this weekend. I can't wait!!! I finished up my camcorder mount (painting and taping). Hope to have some footage Saturday. Then I'll have to learn to edit and add music etc. lol

ya makes perfect sense thanks buddy ima look into one of them comparison doo-hickys

got any pics of that camera mount switchback? sounds pretty cool

Loggerhead Mike said:
ya makes perfect sense thanks buddy ima look into one of them comparison doo-hickys

got any pics of that camera mount switchback? sounds pretty cool

Well I took a few before I camo'd the camera or the mount. Here ya go...

camcorder mount 1 (Small).jpg

camcorder mount 2 (Small).jpg

Latest posts