Operation REVIVE!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW what a lot of work. When I started reading your thread I had no idea you would go this far.

Great job!

CF

Got a trailer off Craig's list $40. Replaced the 2x4s with weathered wood $3.59 ea and slapped some .97 black spray paint on the trailer and puts some green outdoor carpet material on it at .61 sq ft. Towed it 45 miles at 55-65mph no issues. Can't beat it! Just need a battery and I'm hitting the water soon. Stay tuned for pics of the REVIVE!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 747
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 747
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 747
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 747
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 747
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 747
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 747
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 747
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 747
New wheels, tires and lights. Uh oh, bout to go fishing!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 733
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 733
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 733
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 733
Trailer looks like a great deal.

Just to give you a heads up to be careful is the actual axle. I purchased a trailer and everything looked perfect and had only been out twice but the axle had salt water in it which caused the whole thing to rust and completely snap on me while trailering the boat which was not fun.

The whole trailer again looked perfect and somehow I had a monster problem on my hands - It ended up being fairly cheap fix with buying a new axle and hubs but if I was on the interstate and not just down the street when the axle snapped then I would have been in a world of hurt.

Also I had been using the trailer for about a month without issues before it snapped - It had been riding great etc.

The final coat of paint gives it a nice clean look. Headed for a free inspection at the Marina then off to register if I get a break from work this week. Will post pics on the water soon!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 709
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 709
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 709
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 709
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 709
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 709
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 709
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 709
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 709
MAN! I started with your thread and thought you were crazy! But that is AWESOME! congratulations sir!

mrdrh99 said:
MAN! I started with your thread and thought you were crazy! But that is AWESOME! congratulations sir!

Thank you Sir. I appreciate the comment. I got a heck of a deal on a 900gph automatic bilge pump and a DC electrical panel with 4 switches and 2 x 12VDC power outlets. Now I'm starting to customize it more. I think I'll add some soft white LEDs along the inside pointing down inside the compartments and along the edges to help see while fishing/rigging tackle at night. I'll post some more pics soon. Thanks again for following along!

I know excactly what that boat was used for infact I might have been in that boat before. When I was stationed in Little Creek VA we called it a punt and used them to paint the black boot top on the bottom of the ship I was stationed on. You did a great job redoing it I know the abuse them boats took.

Maiden voyage! Not a single leak and ran smooth as new. Great time out on the water. I don't know how to post videos on here so I'm posting one on YouTube at Mr1Sgt. Thanks for following along. Everyone that wasn't supportive... [-X

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 687
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 687
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 687
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg