Ouachita 16DSV mod starting...update 4/30/13

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I finally got the floor completed! Here's the pictures to prove it... :mrgreen: Phase II completed.
It sure makes it easier to move around in. I weighed it today too...78 pounds. I was going to guess around 100, so I am happy with it!
I decided to keep the front section as a floor instead of a seat-height deck to keep it a little more stable. I also use this boat in the intercoastal waterway and sound, so there is sometimes larger wakes to deal with.

Now...what can I do next??? [-X :lol: Phase III...

Attachments

• BoatFloor_Daughter & Papa.jpg
    BoatFloor_Daughter & Papa.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 1,383
  • BoatFloorCompleted2.jpg
    BoatFloorCompleted2.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 1,383
  • Boat floor completed1.jpg
    Boat floor completed1.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 1,383
Those floors are really really great looking! I love those dudes.

So for phase 3 you gotta step up and jack one out the park!!!

Well, its been a few weeks! I finally got to take the boat out for its first run with the new floors installed, and it works great. the cutout in the middle bench doesn't seem to affect the structural integrity at all as far as I can tell, and the flat floor with the walk-though it fantastic! The added weight doesn't seem to have changed the boat speed or balance any. I am getting 17 mph on the GPS with me at 250, a friend at 200+, trolling motor, battery, gas tank, and fishing gear. Overall, I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• IMAG0002.jpg
    IMAG0002.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,293
Hard to believe it's been over 6 months since I last posted on the build, but not a lot has been updated. I did get to build some trailer guide posts and a cover support, but money and time has been in short supply. I haven't even been fishing but 3 or four more times...That's gotta change!!! Here are a few pix of the posts and cover support...

Attachments

• Trailerguides4.jpg
    Trailerguides4.jpg
    911 KB · Views: 1,205
  • Trailerguides2.jpg
    Trailerguides2.jpg
    865.3 KB · Views: 1,205
  • Trailerguides1.jpg
    Trailerguides1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,205
Any updates on the boat? The floor you made and walk through seat design look great! I bet they are very practical too.

Wow! Can't believe it's been so long...life has been busy!
Anyways, unfortunately, those beautiful floors did not last but a couple of years, due to poor quality of the marine spar urethane I used. Water infiltration got them pretty quickly. I replaced them with plywood (For now). Time to replace the transom board I installed back in 2011, as the 105 epoxy got sun damaged (did not know it had no UV tolerance back then) and let the water seep in. Live and learn!
Anyways, good to be back on the forum!😎

Just a note to say I have that same hull and I love it! Never seen another like it, but I would sure love another with the same shape but wider beam and thicker metal. It’s just a super fun, sweet handling boat. And it’s gotten me out of some tougher water than I had any business being in.