Pappy - catching up on posting some Florida Fishing news!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappy

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
YOUTUBE
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pappyfromthekeys
Have been lax in contributing to the Fishing Reports. Here are some pictures of Central Florida Bass we have been catching lately. When I photo fish I don't hold them out toward the camera because you can't get a good idea of the true size of the fish so these won't be your normal photos. Sometimes I fish alone and on those days I take the photos with my phone and can't get the whole fish in the picture....sorry 'bout that!
This one was caught around June 17th.

IMG_20120617_193136.jpg

And another one from June 17th. Had this one laying on my arm and leaning on my chin to get the photo! Wish I could have gotten the whole fish in the photo....this was a really nice heavy fish.

IMG_20120617_194208.jpg

This day (May 13th) I was fishing with my neighbor's son who is one heck of a good fisherman. I caught this one ...........

IMG_20120513_181017.jpg

But he caught this one!

IMG_20120513_182633.jpg

This is one from a Creek off of Lake Griffin on June 6th. Was a fun day of fishing and we caught a bunch of fish that day!

IMG_20120606_182807.jpg

These were caught June 23rd, just before the monsoons started decending on us from Tropical Storm Debby. Fishing by myself again.

IMG_20120623_183537.jpg

And what I think was the big fish for the day. Thank heaven there was another boat nearby that was graceous enough to snap a couple pics of her for me!

IMG_20120623_200516.jpg

Released her and went back to my fishing area. Went in a little deeper in the hydrilla holes and this one hit! Looked like the other one's twin almost! Couldn't get this one in the frame either!

IMG_20120623_202718.jpg

All fish were released to fight another day.

At the end of the day I always enjoy taking a photo or two of the sunset if there is one. Reminds me of why it is so special and we are so lucky to have the health and means to get out and enjoy fishing and nature!

IMG_20120623_202351.jpg
IMG_20120101_175016.jpg

Great fish !!!!

Any one of those would be outstanding; the fact that you regularly catch those sizes says something about your skill level.

Congratulations.

We don't have bass that size up here. What kind of rig do you use for those monsters?

Think it's more luck than anything else. But, thank you!
I throw 4-5" swim baits with paddle tails or larger worms until the weather and water gets too hot. From that point the size of the bait goes down as well as the speed they are fished at. Fish only afternoon/evenings as well.

Think it's more luck than anything else. But, thank you!

There's a story about Gary Player making a great shot out of the rough during a tournament. A spectator shouted out "Lucky Shot!"

Player turned to the guy and remarked, "And you know...the more I practice, the luckier I get."

Nice fish.

:)

Latest posts