Picked up the new boat today

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
poolie said:
russ010 said:
I just noticed your in Hiram - where did you get your boat at? I want to go look at some new jon boats

Hey Russ,

You'll have to pack a lunch to go check out the boats at the place I got it. I picked it up in North Augusta, SC at Belvedere Marine -- a little over 2 hrs from the house. You would think in this economy there would be more willingness to deal with a guy holding a handful of cash, but all I got quoted around Atlanta was list prices. Go figure. David who owns Belvedere said he wasn't surprised, it's the same amount of paperwork to sell a jon boat as it is a $30k bass boat so most dealers aren't very motivated. Jon Boats are a niche for him and he has stacks of them.

One of the pluses of the long ride is that I got a chance to shake out the trailer that came with the boat. After a 155 mile trip home the hubs hadn't even broken a sweat. I had initially planned on picking up one of the cheaper trailers off Harbor Freight or Northern Tool, however the 8" wheels and questionable quality concerned me a little since I'll hopefully be making several long trips down to Lake Weedowee (AL) where my parents have a lake home. Nothing ruins a fishing trip like a broken down trailer on the side of the road.

-- Poolie

Poolie,

Would you mind sharing the phone number and address for the place you bought your boat?I'm about 2 hours north of Augusta,in Spartanburg,SC.All I get is list prices on new stuff,also.

ben2go said:
poolie said:
russ010 said:
I just noticed your in Hiram - where did you get your boat at? I want to go look at some new jon boats

Hey Russ,

You'll have to pack a lunch to go check out the boats at the place I got it. I picked it up in North Augusta, SC at Belvedere Marine -- a little over 2 hrs from the house. You would think in this economy there would be more willingness to deal with a guy holding a handful of cash, but all I got quoted around Atlanta was list prices. Go figure. David who owns Belvedere said he wasn't surprised, it's the same amount of paperwork to sell a jon boat as it is a $30k bass boat so most dealers aren't very motivated. Jon Boats are a niche for him and he has stacks of them.

One of the pluses of the long ride is that I got a chance to shake out the trailer that came with the boat. After a 155 mile trip home the hubs hadn't even broken a sweat. I had initially planned on picking up one of the cheaper trailers off Harbor Freight or Northern Tool, however the 8" wheels and questionable quality concerned me a little since I'll hopefully be making several long trips down to Lake Weedowee (AL) where my parents have a lake home. Nothing ruins a fishing trip like a broken down trailer on the side of the road.

-- Poolie

Poolie,

Would you mind sharing the phone number and address for the place you bought your boat?I'm about 2 hours north of Augusta,in Spartanburg,SC.All I get is list prices on new stuff,also.

My bad. The company I work for blocks pretty much everything on the internet not work related so was typing on my Treo earlier and didn't have the link handy. The website is https://www.belvederemarine.com/ on the left hand side is a link labeled 'Location and Business Hours' which has his address and number. The owner's name is David Annis. Said he's been there for 30 years so he's doing something right. Nice fella.

-- Poolie

I'm going to have to give him a call... Right now I'm planning on about a 3.5 hour ride to Alabama to get an all welded 1442 by Weld Bilt.

I would much rather have an Alumacraft, but I don't know if they can beat the $1100 price tag that I can get it for.. but I probably need to go ahead and get the trailer too... so I'm looking at around $2000. Then I will be DONE with the boat buying. I gotta quit modding my boat - especially when I know I'm going to be selling it pretty soon.

russ010 said:
I gotta quit modding my boat - especially when I know I'm going to be selling it pretty soon.
You ever heard of the medical condition known as MBS? (Multiple Boat Syndrome)

Boy, is it a great disease to have.....

MBS - that's what I'm scared of... I don't know if I can actually pull myself to sell it.. but I'm sure if I put a price on it to where I don't think it will sell, sure enough some one will want to pay it

which trailer is that you've got? He told me he has 3 versions I could get... 8" wheels with no guides, a middle version with 12" wheels, and a souped up version of 12" wheels with guides...

Prices he told me go $579, $665, and $731.. right now I'm leaning towards the $579. I won't be doing long hauls, and I dont' have to put the boat as deep into the water with 8" wheels..

by the way.. do you have any more pics of the front of the boat? I'm mainly looking at the trailer, but he said the trailer I like comes with jack and winch, just want to see what it is.

I got the $$$, need the green light from the wife and I may be going down there this weekend or Monday to get it - but I need to let him know today because he's not open on the weekend.

Latest posts