Pics from the river.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USSWormy

Reaction score
Went to our usual area on the river this past weekend for a little Bass fishing, and ended up having a pretty good day! Started out using soft plastics, but had little luck. Used Spinnerbaits with the same results as the plastic. Then started on Buzzbaits and that seemed to be the ticket! We ended up boating 7 LM, with a range from 2 1/2 to the largest at 5.1 lbs. Arms were sore at then of the day, but it was a good hurt :p I did catch one that had either Frog or Bird bones sticking out of its rearend :shock: (don't know if you can see it in the picture tho'). I do know that that was the most explosive strike of the day!

First of the day:
IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

The "Bone" fish
IMG_0256.jpg

I had almost forgotten how much fun it is fishing Buzzbaits. Gotta love how the hit 'em. :D

Way to go man!! I told you not wearing that USC hat would get you some better quality fish in the boat!

russ010 said:
Way to go man!! I told you not wearing that USC hat would get you some better quality fish in the boat!

Haha :lol: Thanks Russ, but I gotta tell ya I had to "retire" the old one as it accumulated alot of white paint while performing a few Honey-do chores :roll: . But..... I should have a replacement come friday from Academy. I can't go too long without sporting one you know.

This has been a weird year down at the river. The usual patterns just don't seem to produce as they have been. I will relay that there have been a ton of changes to the structure from all the heavy rains we have been getting, so maybe that's what has them a little stymied. Usually this is Topwater plug time down there, but the only bite on top has been the buzzbaits. Got any tricks I can give a shot at? You used any of the Ragetail Frogs or similar baits with any luck?

Thanks in advance.

I've tried a lot of frogs... and I keep going back to Sizmic Toads. I use the popper type (floaters) and their regular frogs and they work better than anything I've tried.

I haven't fished rivers in a long time, but I always had luck on green pumpkin lizards texas rigged - and that was almost year round

Thanks, might have to try those. We usually tear them up on Senko type baits, but its been really slow on them. Jigs, 4' and 6" Lizards, Finesse worms, Culprits, Brush hogs, Beaver baits, all been fished really hard. Threw most everything imaginable with spotty results.

I do know that it is almost time to break out the 10 and 12" worms. They always work to some extent. We also throw floating worms rigged wacky style and they work as well. Hopefully we can get back into our "groove" pretty soon. I am about ready for another Big Boy. I know he is in there.....

USSWormy said:
Usually this is Topwater plug time down there, but the only bite on top has been the buzzbaits. Got any tricks I can give a shot at? You used any of the Ragetail Frogs or similar baits with any luck?

Thanks in advance.
Have you tried a rico? there kind of expensive but by far the best topwater bait ive ever used. JDbaits makes a good frog, which should work if a buzzbait was catchin fish. But if I was catchin fish like that on a buzzbait it would be hard for me to switch to something else.

FishingCop said:
nice catching there - I'd stick with what's working. pretty fish :D
I agree...I'd love to catch that quality of fish on a buzzbait...year round:)
I only fish rubber(except 4 flukes)because I have to...sometimes.

Latest posts