Please welcome Joe & DennyB and JDBaits.com

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
As Tinboats.net newest Sponsor. Bassaddict and Shinerman77 have a passion for pouring quality baits as some of you have seen and fished with. Whether your looking for a custom hand poured color or quantity bait or the ultra exclusive crinkle cut worm look no further than our first Bait sponsor. JDBaits.com has pledged to donate a portion of their proceeds to Tinboats.net. I ask all the members who are looking for quality baits to give our Sponsors a try.

Thank you Bassaddcit and Shinerman77 very much! :beer:

sweet deal, those ultra exclusive crinkle cut worm are awesome, I need to send you some colors to match up for me.

HEHEHEHE whoda thunk it, us sponcers. If you told me this would happen back when I joined the site I would of thought you were nuts.

AND Esquired, change that name to JDBaitboy1 lol

kentuckybassman said:
Congrats guys!!What kinda craw baits do you guys have? I'm lookin to find some. :mrgreen:

Right now for craws we only have these 3.75" ones, we are current trying to transition from RTV molds to mainly aluminum molds (a few of our more popular RTV molds well keep tho). Our next craw fish mold should blow these away tho!!

3.75inchCraw.JPG

Welcome! Please take the time to introduce yourselves.

Just kidding 8)

Those craws look great!

To make an RTV mold do you just catch a crawfish and squeeze a bunch of RTV on it and let it cure? I'm guessing you can't pour molten aluminum on them.

flounderhead59 said:
To make an RTV mold do you just catch a crawfish and squeeze a bunch of RTV on it and let it cure? I'm guessing you can't pour molten aluminum on them.

If I were to make an RTV mold I would first carve a craw out of a block of hardwood like oak, then sand it as smooth as i can. My directions from here are for a one piece mold, Id then crazy glue the bottom or (flat side) of the craw to the bottom of a pie pan. After that I would mix the RTV according to the recommended mixture, pour it over the craw and let it dry. once dry you pop the mold off and bingo theres your RTV mold......... Sounds like a lot of work dont it? So instead of making em i just rather order them from companys that sell RTV sillicon molds like lure craft. Now i failed metal shop so i have no idea how to make an aluminum mold so i just order them from companys who use a CNC machine to cut the shape out of a block of aluminum.