POST YOUR PIC'S FISHING GALLERY.......

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So did ya fry up that wallie??
That lake is a catch and release lake only. Not to mention you must have a Walleye license to keep only a few if you could take them home from a lake that allows it. And the license is by draw only, so good luck getting one.
So, no fry wallie today. So sorry.

We had kind of an unusual result this morning. We were targeting trout. Trolling spoons 45' - 50' deep in 150 to 160 feet of water. Open water no where near any shoreline. In addition to some rainbows, we caught 3 bass (largest shown below). This is the first time I've caught any LMB that deep in open water. Maybe they were chasing the trout, or them and the trout were chasing baitfish, IDK.

Anyway, this young fellow is my daughter-in-law's nephew. He has started to really enjoy bank fishing, so my son wanted to take him out on the boat. He had a good morning.

LMB.jpeg

We had kind of an unusual result this morning. We were targeting trout. Trolling spoons 45' - 50' deep in 150 to 160 feet of water. Open water no where near any shoreline. In addition to some rainbows, we caught 3 bass (largest shown below). This is the first time I've caught any LMB that deep in open water. Maybe they were chasing the trout, or them and the trout were chasing baitfish, IDK.

Anyway, this young fellow is my daughter-in-law's nephew. He has started to really enjoy bank fishing, so my son wanted to take him out on the boat. He had a good morning.

View attachment 122535
That’s a nice one. That kid will be hooked now. I’d like to get a hook into whatever monster was trying to eat him. Looks like it got just a chomp of his tail.

View attachment 122535
Yes, hooked for life! ;)

WOW! Never heard of LM going that deep!

I went fishing yesterday and caught a bunch of fish. And I caught a Walleye again. 2nd one this year.

What a beautiful morning on the lake.

View attachment 122583

Here's my happy face.

What great start to the fall.

Those days make it all worthwhile! And if you catch fish that is a bonus! That pic with the trees reflecting in the water is awesome. I've never caught a walleye. We don't have those out here.

That’s a nice one. That kid will be hooked now. I’d like to get a hook into whatever monster was trying to eat him. Looks like it got just a chomp of his tail.

I didn't notice that about the tail fin until you mentioned it. Something must have moved when they took the pic. Of course, we took more than one, haha. Here is a better pic.

With tail.jpg

Caught that fat ******* on a spoon, eh? how deep of water?

The water was about 5 ft deep. I was slowly trolling along with a spoon that resembled a frogs back and bingo, he was on the hook. The same spoon lured all the Jack I caught too.
When I troll the lakes around here, I'm about 20 feet from the shore with a speed of 2.5 mph. If there biting at all, I'm catching them.

It looks like some good fishing is going on. I'm another one who likes the lake with the trees reflected in it.

The water was about 5 ft deep. I was slowly trolling along with a spoon that resembled a frogs back and bingo, he was on the hook. The same spoon lured all the Jack I caught too.
When I troll the lakes around here, I'm about 20 feet from the shore with a speed of 2.5 mph. If there biting at all, I'm catching them.
Any idea of the water temp?

Going up to the boundary waters next week and tryin to do some due diligence. lol