Post Your Picture Evidence - Fish Stories

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great catch/kill fool4fish =D> We don't have those type of gators up in these parts but this is what is called a gator around here. I washed the mans face out for privacy issues but this is our current state record caught last fall. Every 2-3 years the record seems to fall. Pike are not native here and have only been in the lakes here for about 25yrs. But these are possible the best monster pike waters in the USA now. Fish over 35lbs come out of 4 lakes within a 10 minute drive from me every year now. This was the first landed at over 40 and she didn't even have eggs in her like most state records. She would have been pushing 50lbs if loaded with eggs. 51.5 inch length and 23" girth.
7_6.JPG

chattahoochee said:
F4F, I wish we had more than 1 tag. Its done as lottery here, gotta get lucky.

He was 9'11.

It's a lottery here too - When I started putting in for my tags we could get 6 - now 17 years later we can only get 2 - but I get to hunt most seasons with others that get their tags - I have only got tags under my name a few times - got lucky this year but the place that I have to hunt is a no boat area so I go after them on land =D> :beer:

Thanks Johnny great fish =D>

fool4fish1226 said:
Counts for me - Here is one from last year - My gator season starts in September I hope to fill both my tags this year [-o<
I've always wanted to try gator meat but have not had the chance so far. What do you do with the skins?

JMichael said:
fool4fish1226 said:
Counts for me - Here is one from last year - My gator season starts in September I hope to fill both my tags this year [-o<
I've always wanted to try gator meat but have not had the chance so far. What do you do with the skins?

We are just gonna salt it and tack it to a board, then hang on the garage wall after dry. The tannery wants $49 a foot to soft tan, and no one around does chrome tan.

Latest posts