Powering your home during power outages

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this in a FB add, almost like someone is listening.

Code may, may be different, but the attached picture shows how a simple safety device can prevent backfeed.
That's one of those things that make you go: "Now why didn't I think of that". Super simple design, easy to produce, and in a specialized field... Somebody is making a killing off of that patent.

Does your generator have a 4-prong 240V plug, or 3 prong? You shouldn't have to twist wires together if you make sure the house outlet and the generator have the same number of prongs. If not, then so be it, if you know what you are doing.
I don't currently have a generator. Not sure what makes you think I twisted generator and house wires together. When it comes to the old wires in my house I really have no idea. Next house will be newer.

Was that comment #91? If you take a look at it again, you will see that it was a reply to Fuzzy Grub. It just happened to land under your post. Stand down, soldier!

Latest posts