Princecraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, today I grabbed a beat up old cut up EZloader trailer(atleast thats what it looks like).
it was $200cdn. You can't get the materials for that much up here. People also want $600 or more for a bloody boat trailer on CL. So I snag'd this one. It'll need some welding and reconfiguring, but I'll clean it up and make it look decent. I'm still gonna keep an eye out for a newer galvanized, but for now I need a cheap trailer. The amazing thing was it hooked right up to the truck and the lights even work, that's worth $200 in it's own right. Pulls nice too, not bouncey.
Princecraft12195-1.jpg

Princecraft12196.jpg

Princecraft12197.jpg

Princecraft12198.jpg

Not pretty. But it works. I'll post the refurbishing pics. in the trailer section as the work progresses.
thanx for looking :D

Today I managed to see how the boat fits the trailer. It seems to fit OK, but the crappy bunks aren't in the right spot. Can't have it all...lol...
Princecraft12224.jpg

Princecraft12209.jpg

Princecraft12231.jpg

"IF" I really wanted to, I could get away with using this trailer the way it is. But, like most of us on here, I can't leave anything alone. Besides it's not safe. I plan on moving the tongue+winch forward 2 feet and make a new winch post. I'm also looking narrow the whole trailer 6"(we'll see).
Add a crossmember between the axle and tongue(to mount stationary bunks) Weld everything solid, paint it and fab new bunks. I have a bunch of scrap material, so it shouldn't cost me more than the time and some paint...
I also stopped in at Canadian Tire and purchased 2 of 4 swivel seat bases and mounts and a good dock line. Here's a pic of where they'll go once I get 2 more pairs and some camo seats. I plan on painting the inside if the boat Khaki Camo(flat beige). and flush mounting the bases to the benches.
Princecraft12225.jpg

I probably should have held out for a proper safe trailer, but everyone wants new prices for used stuff(ridiculous). When I'm done with this trailer, you won't now it was the same one. [-o<

Well, I thought I'd update my post. I posted pics in the trailer forum, on the trailer rebuild.
Not many people frequent that section. I am very happy with how the trailer turned out. It works and tows great and straight... I wish I moved the axle ahead a bit, but that's what I wanted at the time...
So here's the trailer with the boat on it....
Princecraft12340.jpg

Princecraft12342.jpg

Princecraft12347.jpg

Here it is on Pitt Lake this past Saturday.
Princecraft12339.jpg

Princecraft12337.jpg

Top speed was 32km/h-20MPH-17knots.... Went pretty good with just me and some fuel. Gets on plane quick and then stays at 3/4 throttle and cruises at just under 20mph-29kmh...
here's a quick vid...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOD1oPnsIZY

By the time you read this I'll be painting the boat!!! :D

Yesterday I sanded prepped and masked of for paint. So today I painted it.
Before
Princecraft12179.jpg

After
Princecraft12350.jpg

Before
Princecraft12012.jpg

After
Princecraft12355.jpg

Before
Princecraft12033.jpg

After
Princecraft12357.jpg

It's Krylon Khaki Flat Camo. 6 cans, could probly use a 7th can....
Anyways, time to start finishing it with seats and rod holders. I will also make an aluminum bulkead for the front bench and paint it.... :D

eezerz said:
Well, I thought I'd update my post. I posted pics in the trailer forum, on the trailer rebuild.
Not many people frequent that section. I am very happy with how the trailer turned out. It works and tows great and straight... I wish I moved the axle ahead a bit, but that's what I wanted at the time...
So here's the trailer with the boat on it....
Princecraft12340.jpg

Princecraft12342.jpg

Princecraft12347.jpg

Here it is on Pitt Lake this past Saturday.
Princecraft12339.jpg

Princecraft12337.jpg

Top speed was 32km/h-20MPH-17knots.... Went pretty good with just me and some fuel. Gets on plane quick and then stays at 3/4 throttle and cruises at just under 20mph-29kmh...
here's a quick vid...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOD1oPnsIZY
That should give you plenty of tongue weight.

By the time you read this I'll be painting the boat!!! :D

Yeah, now that i think of it, "lckstckn2smknbrls" I placed the axle back far enough to increase tonque weight and improve steerability. The longer it is the easier it is to back up. the trailer is 15' long. It works good too, the tow vehicle doesn't even come close to water and neither do my feet when i'm cranking on the winch... I'm very happy with the results. It turned out very functional, THANKS TO THE THREAD REGARDING TRAILER SET UP, from bassboy1... great thread...
I still need a transom saver and a spare tire for the trailer. The boat still needs 4X seats and 4X scotty rod holders, a bulkhead under front bench, depthsounder/fishfinder. I also plan on installing a removeable floor(we'll see)...
I'm gonna get alot of use out of this rig this summer. Thanks for the feedback and comments.
After all that's why we're here right?
=D> =D> =D>

I have some video footage, out on the Fraser on 03/14/10...
The boat has new paint inside now,and it looks really good... Just having fun out there, no fishin' yet... I also have some more pics and footage from today, but my phone is broken so I won't be posting pics and video of me launching the boat, trailer ect...
enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6YuvAo4OHU

It's been a while since I've been on here. I thought I'd do an update on the Princecraft. The boat turned out great. I ended up buying a couple of fishing rods and getting my fishing lic., sortly after my last post on here. I went up to a favorite camping spot, Davis Lake. I caught my first 2 fish within 30 mins. of putting it in the lake. I was so STOKED, even if they were small.
Davis Lake early.... These are the VERY FIRST FISH I'VE EVER CAUGHT!!!!!!!!
davislake415.jpg

Here's the first One
davislake457.jpg

Here they are cleaned and ready for brunch....
davislake354.jpg

On the BARBIE
davislake365.jpg

Good beer, good lunch, good times...
davislake387.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the update, sorry it took so long! I only used the boat 3 times this summer, twice after this and caught nothing(different lakes). I've been building a cabin, so I didn't get much fishin' in. I can't wait for this year... all in all, the boat paid for itself!
CHEERS!

eezerz said:
Yesterday I sanded prepped and masked of for paint. So today I painted it.
Before
Princecraft12179.jpg

After
Princecraft12350.jpg

Before
Princecraft12012.jpg

After
Princecraft12355.jpg

Before
Princecraft12033.jpg

After
Princecraft12357.jpg

It's Krylon Khaki Flat Camo. 6 cans, could probly use a 7th can....
Anyways, time to start finishing it with seats and rod holders. I will also make an aluminum bulkead for the front bench and paint it.... :D
I like that paint color. Were did you get it from ?