Rainbow Lake (NJ) 8/14

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassassassin8

Reaction score
Ran a 5k this morning in OC, took a nap all day, then decided to fish. Fished 5-8PM, 78-81 degree water temps, cloudy & pretty windy. Launched & headed straight to the creeks since the water felt like bathwater. Figured maybe cooler water would prevail. Well, creeks didn't produce, had some light taps on R.I. beavers, lost a couple between them & glimmer shad BB. Make our way around to another point throwin' a blue/black BB & it gets nailed. Land the 1st nice chunk. Things slowed down again til we made our way to a group of submerged trees. I flip out a R.I. beaver in Okeechobee craw, go to adjust the TM, & the line is swimmin away so I set the hook, land the 2nd nice chunk. Haven't fished in a while so I'm pleased with tonight's catch. Back at it somewhere's else in the AM 8)

IMG_4616.jpg

IMG_4617.jpg

Nice catching.
Looks wierd to me to see tops of trees(?)green in a lake.

Zum said:
Nice catching.

A couple years ago the dam gave out after a snow storm, it took a while for them to rebuild a new dam & in that time, a lot of small shrubery & trees grew out of the lake bed & they're still there. Some great cover to fish now!

Zum said:
Nice catching.
Zum, go to the Camera/photograph forum, I'll try to post some pictures of the breached dam.