• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Recurve

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
I've been looking to get into traditional archery for quite some time, so I figured I'd check here and see if anyone had a used recurve for a decent price. Looking for a 45 or 50 pounder, around 60".

sixgun86 said:
I've bought a couple bows from ebay. Would be a good place to look, esp if you shoot right handed.

I've been looking. Ebay is generally over priced though.. everyone thinks their 1960's Bear that is warped and covered in an inch of dust is worth 350 bucks lol

I've been buying compound lefty's and all I know for the most part is ebay pricing. Since no one ever stocks them and the closest archery shop to me is over an hour away I'm glad to be able to choose and save a couple bucks over new. PSE has a game fisher recruve bow that is setup for fishing. I think it comes in a a 40,45,50 and is right around $100 new bare, or $140 with the reel and arrow. Only in RH :evil:

dyeguy1212, Just wondering if you found a bow yet? I have a Howett 50# @ 28" draw and measures 57" unstrung if you are still looking! It would need a new string as the one on it I think is still original. If interested, let me know and we can work out a deal that I'm sure you will like. I don't know your location, so I have no idea what it would take to get it to you. pm me if that works better for you.

I also have a few bows. I actually make my own... I could look and see what I have.. I have some old 50s bears that are nice but probably not what you want. If you want I will look and see what I have.

Mid 70's Bears can be nice.. just beware of limb twists and cracks...although limb twists, if not severe, can be corrected. Easy to do if you learn how. and you can get them cheap alot of times.

Latest posts