Remember when ...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phideux said:
simbelle said:
I just wish I could remember yesterday! :?

Too much of that Panama Red????? :p
#-o

Could be? Still maybe it's just that things just run together now; Very few things a are new and surprising to me. However, the sight and feel of a big snook hitting a top water plug, the pull on the rod as it bends under the force of the mighty fish and the inevitable singing of the reel as line feeds out overpowering the resistance of the carefully set drag; Now that is always a thrill! 8)

phideux said:
simbelle said:
I just wish I could remember yesterday! :?

Too much of that Panama Red????? :p

I have difficulty remembering some things, but it ain't from Panama Red, that was a little before my time. I think mine is caused by a condition known as "CRS" (Can't Remember $h!+) :LOL2:

It's odd that I can remember things like credit card numbers, or a whole laundry list of other complicated things, yet, I can go out the door and forget my car keys. #-o

PSG-1 said:
It's odd that I can remember things like credit card numbers, or a whole laundry list of other complicated things, yet, I can go out the door and forget my car keys. #-o

I have the same thing happen to me all the time!

Does anyone else remember the 20 ( or 200 ) Mule team Borax westerns that came on on Sundays?

Cigarette commercials like "I would walk a mile fore a Camel" , Taraten (or what ever), "I'd rather fight than switch" can't run them now, because they condone bad habits in our youths; but condom, sexual enhancement product commercials are just fine!

I remember listening to cassette tapes of the old Dragnet when it was on the radio, before it was on TV, and I remember the cigarette commercials (I think Fatima was one of the brands) Yeah, we all know cigarettes are bad for you, but then again, think about all the toxins and pollutants we are exposed to from industrial sources, etc. LOL, I think cigarettes are less dangerous than the mercury that is found in all of our rivers and our oceans.

simbelle said:
PSG-1 said:
Does anyone else remember the 20 ( or 200 ) Mule team Borax westerns that came on on Sundays?
It was 20 mule and yea I remember it. I may be wrong but wasn't it a young Ronald Regan that hosted the show? And for some reason I keep thinking there was something to do with Death Valley involved with the name or something.

A few more!

The air raid siren going off, and then waiting for the all clear siren!
The occasional blimps that flew over!
The wringer washer, and then drying the clothes on a washline!
The gas stove, with the coal/wood burner on the side!
When your buddys dad showed you all all of his guns; a double barrel shotgun, single shot .22, and a thurty thurty!
When a fishermans boat was a rowboat, some even had motors on them!
When a car had a manual choke, starter button on the floor, and 3 on the tree! <(that gets the young ones) :lol:

HOW did we ever survive these HARD times?!! I'd go back to them in a second; well maby everything but the "LITTLE HOUSE", BURRR!
Lots of "the old days", and fond memories being posted here.

JMichael said:
simbelle said:
PSG-1 said:
It was 20 mule and yea I remember it. I may be wrong but wasn't it a young Ronald Regan that hosted the show? And for some reason I keep thinking there was something to do with Death Valley involved with the name or something.

Ya, It was Death Valley Days I believe

The A$$ flaps are still in production because I have a 1 piece long johns that are so equipped. And I might add, they are very warm for those long cold days sitting on a deer stand. :mrgreen:

If you remember 3 on the tree, how about fluid drive? The first time I drove one of those was very strange.

I remember
kick the can at nights
ice skating at the city park at night with a bon fire on the ice....no trouble from police or older bullies
floating down the creeks on inner tubes when the lake at the city park floods.....huh, nobody drowned
Jumping over trash cans with our stingrays in the alley...nobody got hurt
siening for crawfish and selling them to the locale bait shop for a penny a piece.....we were rich
building tree houses
my dad buying me a brand new schwin "Orange Crate" stingray bike
working at the gas station when I was 15 yo and the gas went from 35 cents to 58 cents and people paniced
had to be home in the yard when the street lights came on
those days are long gone

JMichael said:
simbelle said:
PSG-1 said:
Right you are !! Slick Ron was host there before he entered politics.....
From Wikipedia.....
The 451 television episodes were introduced by a host. The longest-running was "The Old Ranger" from 1952 to 1965, played by Stanley Andrews, when the series was produced by McGowan Productions, producer of the Sky King television series. Filmaster Productions Inc., who produced the first several seasons of Gunsmoke for CBS Television, took over production of the series in the mid-1960s.

Following the departure of Andrews, Ronald Reagan became the host. He served in that position from 1964 to 1965 and it proved to be his final professional work as an actor. When Reagan entered politics, the role went to Robert Taylor. Taylor became gravely ill in 1969 and was replaced by Dale Robertson. Production of new episodes ceased in 1970. Merle Haggard provided narration for some previously made episodes in 1975. Reagan and Taylor also frequently appeared in the program as actors. While original episodes were still being made, older episodes were in syndication under a different series title with other hosts; the series could still be in competition with itself in syndication, and this also made it easier for viewers to distinguish the new episodes from the older ones. The hosting segment at the beginning and the end was easily reshot with another performer having no effect on the story. Alternate hosts and titles included Frontier Adventure (Dale Robertson), The Pioneers (Will Rogers, Jr.), Trails West (Ray Milland), Western Star Theatre (Rory Calhoun) and Call of the West (John Payne). The last title was also often applied to the series' memorable, haunting theme music.

lovedr79 said:
how could i have forgotten about BB gun wars???? "only 1 pump" but it ended up being 10.

LMFAO!!!!!!!! ahhhhh F***!!!!! that wasnt no one damm pump! ( while your pumping yours till you cant no more lol! we always covered up real good back in the war days but it still amazes me all my buddys still have 2 eyes, well maybe not all of them some now have 4 eyes lol!!!!)

Latest posts