Restore

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flat Bottom

Reaction score
This may have been covered, but has anybody used this on wooden flooring in their boats? I'm really thinking about giving it a go. It would probably run about $100 to do my whole boat flooring. Says it fills and covers cracks/holes up to 1/4 inch

restore_zpsfb96d648.jpg

I used it last year on my boat and love it. I raised my front deck another 5 inches and have to redo it, and I'll use it again. Only had a years wear on it but showed no signs of wear or chipping and it IS none slip. Home Depot has it on SALE right now for the kit. around $37.

Thats good to hear, the demo pieces they have at home depot look really sharp. I think it would really help my 1/4 flooring. I tried deck, paint but its only lasted about a year.

I have it in the floor of my duck boat and absolutely love it. I would definitely use it again in a heartbeat!

Flat Bottom said:
Was it a pain to apply, can you build it up fairly thick?

You can put it on as thick as you want to. There are special rollers you're supposed to use, and it does burn through them quick. That's the only hard part of it.

Has anyone put this on aluminum? I know it sticks well to wood but not sure on aluminum?

Thanks,

Chris

Do you have to put couple of coats of spar on the wood before you use the restore...or do you just use the restore to do it all??

wilkins26 said:
Do you have to put couple of coats of spar on the wood before you use the restore...or do you just use the restore to do it all??

I used spar on the edges and bottom surface, Then just used Restore on the top surface.

All the wood in my duck boat was primed with 3 or 4 coats of Kilz and then has restore on the top side. I used marine grade plywood as well. After countless duck hunts and countless fishing trips it's still holding up. My floor and decks are constantly being jumped onto by wet dogs, stomped around on by wet and muddy waders, and getting decoy bags thrown on them. The areas that receive the most wear are my front and back deck. They don't even have a scuff on them.