Robr3004's Tracker 1436 Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
robr3004 said:
BassinFool said:
I actually have the same boat as well how do you plan on attaching the wood to the bench seats? not quite sure what to use its pretty thin metal to screw too
I'm going to drill some pilot holes and then use #12 screws and along the edges. I'm just using screws to keep it from sliding. When I get my seat post mounts, then I'll use some toggle bolts which will might it more secure.

Toggle bolts can be difficult to use when securing stuff to sheet metal. I used them to bolt down the trolling motor and only a couple of them had enough grip to tighten down all the way. Its just something to keep in mind.

cali27 said:
That would be awesome, pics would be great. Thanks for your help, I hope mine turns out as good as yours looks.

Here is a pic of the supports for the middle section of decking. I used 3/4" ply wood for the decking, then took some extra and added as support. Since the Carpet raised the height of the deck, I had to add carpet to the bottom of the supports. The supports are screwed in place with 3/4 Stainless Steel screws and I also used waterproof wood glue.

4513190906_9f48e4d28e.jpg

dyeguy1212 said:
Where'd you get the grommet that the fishfinder wires are going through? Looks really professional.
Thanks....I got it at AutoZone auto parts. It's actually a Oil Dip Stick Grommet for GM trucks.

Just ordered a Jon Boat Cover to keep my new project nice and protected from the elements. Also ordered some weather pack waterproof 4 wire quick connectors so I can disconnected my fish finder transducer from the bow mount trolling motor. Should have the stuff next week so I'll post some pictures.

I picked it up from amazon for $40. They have them at Walmart, but since I have an Amazon Prime account I get free 2-day shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001MS8LC8/ref=oss_product

Once I get the cover I'm going to make an arched support out of PVC so when it rains, the water doesn't collect on the top.

I made the mistake of getting excited and I took the boat out as soon as I got the trolling motor bolted on and had to get pulled back across the lake. I also thought a week or two tops and i would be catching fish- 2 month later and I just got the fishing rod holders screwed in.

Your boat is real nice- it has a professional look to it .

Rob
Nice job on the mods. Did you make it out to Audrey Friday? I think We launched in right before you did. I remember seeing a new Tracker 1436.

Tom

njTom said:
Rob
Nice job on the mods. Did you make it out to Audrey Friday? I think We launched in right before you did. I remember seeing a new Tracker 1436.

Tom

I did make it out to Audrey. Hit the water about 8:30am. I was launching my boat with a Silver Pickup. when we got there, someone was just getting ready to launch their boat....didn't look like a Jon boat....if I recall as the person pulled the trailer out of the boat they stopped to say that his buddy was moving the boat to the side of the ramp so I could launch my boat. Was that you?

So the first trip out on the boat was over a week ago...a little busy with work so I haven't had time to follow up with the maiden voyage. Everything was good from launching the boat, using the new trolling motor, fishing and then getting the boat back on the trailer. Only two things I need to change.

1) I need to level out the front decking. Currently it's just laying in place on top of the boat ribs which is on a up angle towards the front of the boat. After about an hour, it was very uncomfortable. I expected this, but with what little time I had to get the boat ready before my camping trip I had to sacrifice.

2) Last year I had to cut my fish finder sensor off from my trolling motor, unfortunately they don;t work very well when spliced back together. My temp sensor is not working and the signal is not very clear. I had hoped it would be fine so I had a quick disconnect so I could easily remove the trolling motor, but unfortunately not. So I'll be buying a new sensor and mounting it to the transom. I wish I knew the next model up trolling motor with the built in transducer worked with my depth finder....I would have sprung the extra $100. :(

Next thing I need to install is the pedestal seats which I plan to do tomorrow weather permitting.

Also, I used the boat in the wind for 2 days of fishing, 17 hours total and the batteries only dropped to 3/4. I was surprised. I figured it would be at least down to 1/2. :D

Can't wait to see the completed project! I'm envious of your bow-mounted Minnkota. I actually just purchased the same boat (1436) new about a month ago. I just redid a trailer that was built for a v-hull, and now I'm working on modding the boat. I will post pics soon, as I'm trying my darndest to get it in the water. I have one question since you have already taken yours out on the water... How was the stability when you walked around in the boat?

Hooky1420 said:
Can't wait to see the completed project! I'm envious of your bow-mounted Minnkota. I actually just purchased the same boat (1436) new about a month ago. I just redid a trailer that was built for a v-hull, and now I'm working on modding the boat. I will post pics soon, as I'm trying my darndest to get it in the water. I have one question since you have already taken yours out on the water... How was the stability when you walked around in the boat?

The Stability compared to my old boat, a coleman crawdad, is a big improvement. I can easily stand on the bench seats and fish from them. My next project is to raise the front decking to the height of the bench seat. and extend the rear decking over the area of the batteries.

Good luck with your mods, can't wait to see the pic's.

This is really nice. Did you ever leval out the floor in the front. What size wire did you run from the trolling motor plug to the battery?