Sea King

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Deitz

Reaction score
I have a Sea King aluminum boat. It is a 1959. I have been told that Starcraft made it, and then badged as a Sea King. I'm trying to identify the model. I was directed to Fiberglassics.com and then to the Aluminum boat search. My boat appears to be a Speed Queen or a Seafarer, both 14' length 63" beam. There is a code called 'TYPE'. For my year Types are CR, RB or U. The Speed Queen is TYPE RB and the Seafarer is U. I don't know what these codes represent. My boat has a steering wheel and windshield. Any suggestions?

Just having a simple description makes it difficult to say, pics might help. Back in the 60-70's and even into the 80's lots of off brand aluminum boats were made by popular/ big name boat mfgrs. Back in the 90's I owned a Northwood aluminum boat, built in a Starcraft plant along side their own brand. Some hardware and slightly thinner materials were used. Could not tell them apart unless you had a keen eye. Most often pictures or hull ID numbers are the only way to figure out who made it.

Latest posts