Sea Nymph Striper CC-191 (Reborn)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting some new decals made from one of Tinboat's sponcers.
DSC00011.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

Salty-

Great project. Nice to see a "big water" aluminum boat being worked on. It is going to look great when you're done.

Looking at yours my 17' is similar in LOTS of ways. It was a dual console with walk-thru windshield. I was going to convert it to a big tiller boat, but now I'm leaning towards a single side console.

The washing and waterworks are done.Just in time,fall weather kicked in today,was very windy and chilly.Time to do some real work now that the grunt work is finished.The wind helped me out with drying the boat good.
We took out the center fuel tank and it was empty,thank goodness.Got the crud and all the debris out of the "V".Unclogged all the drain holes to the bilge area.Got good water flow now.We got all new fuel hoses and vent hoses for when we put iot back in.Here she is now:
DSC00013.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

Here is a 50's era Sea Nymph I have brought back to life. I hate seeing these crushed for scrap so If I find one in the scrap yard I pay a little more then scrap price and bring em home. Here are some before shots and " If " I can figure out how to do a scrapbook in this site I will post some more.
I am also a member on another boating site called Luger boats these were Kit boats and I have one you may see in the background of some of my photos. More Good folk on that site as well.
Thanks
Capt Rhan
I also am trying to set up my profile here on tin boats

Attachments

• DSCF3014.jpg
    DSCF3014.jpg
    746.1 KB · Views: 2,188
  • DSCF3013.jpg
    DSCF3013.jpg
    730.8 KB · Views: 2,188
  • DSCF3015.jpg
    DSCF3015.jpg
    749.7 KB · Views: 2,188
Hi thanks for the comeback. I didn't know that the photos I posted would be on this mans site. Not my intention can someone help me pull them back off? I was trying to set up an album of my own. I have one on another site Luger boats .com for my sailing fun and wanted to do one for my little fishing boats as well. I do like The spirit of your site.
Capt Rhan

Attachments

• Happy fisher.jpg
    Happy fisher.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 2,169
HOUSE said:
Trailer looks like it's in pretty good shape. Blast that with some black paint and it'll look great.

If that is a Galvanized trailer DON'T put paint on it. If you have a rusty spot spray on some cold galvanize primer or top coat. Paint will only cause you to HAVE to do maintenance for "EVER" if it is steel then paint it.

Ok,I'm back in action.The boat is now out of the garage,took it down to New Jersey last week and had a 1989 Mercury 90 hp put on it.It runs like a dream now.I took it over to an aluminum welder,where it is right now getting the aretor holes welded up.The livewell is now a fish box.It's been hitting 70 here during the day.
I refinished the teak.Waiting for the boat to be welded and home.All of the decking has been cut and fiberglassed.I was going to put in an aluminum floor but,the wood was all good except 1 piece.We'll have to wait until it gets too bad to change our minds.Here's the teak,before and after.Lots more pics to come.
DSC00001.jpg

To this :
DSC00168.jpg

Got a bunch done today.Installed all the teak,moved the center console out of the way and replaced a water logged piece of decking.I'll get the deck pics tomorrow.Here's a pic of the newer motor that I put on.1989 Mercury 90 hp 6 cylinder.Runs like a top.New everything in it.
DSC00171.jpg

New tune up amnd impeller.
DSC00172.jpg

Moved Center Cosole to replace deck.
DSC00174.jpg
[/img
[img]https://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac164/jigmaster1/89%20Sea%20Nymph%20Center%20Console%20Project/DSC00173.jpg
Teak,refinished and installed.
DSC00175.jpg

New dash and controls.All gauges new and LCD Lighted
DSC00170.jpg

New motorwell boots,wires and streering cable.

I have finished all of the wiring and all gauges and switches have been fused.Fishfinder installed.Pretty much ready for the maiden voyage tomorrow.Installed the rest of the decking yesterday and last night.Ran the wires through PVC on top of the gas tank.
DSC00178.jpg

Then with everything ran and tested installed the fiberglassed decking.
DSC00182.jpg

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

Got the decking all fiberglassed.Gauges wired.Got the boat registered so decided to make sure that it floated.Took her out to the lake.Ran like a top.Only problems were that the gas gauge and tach quit working.Found 2 pinholes that leaked.Put in a couple of screws into them and all was well.Will repair later.At least they are marked.Topped out at 38 mph accoprding to GPS.
DSC00001-1.jpg

Here's the floor done.
DSC00005-1.jpg

Here she is WOT.

Nice job! You still working on this? (post more pics!!) I am debating buying this same hull for a restore but unsure if I want to invest in it with a 70hp motor, (which is all i have at the moment). Sounds like the 90 pushes her very well