seat pedestal mounting

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nohasslekindaguy

Reaction score
I am installing a 13" seat pedestal on the rear bench of my boat. What do you guys do to reinforce the bench? AK Mccallum sells basically a 12"x17"x1/8" aluminum plate with a flange bent on one end for this purpose. Do you think that will be sturdy enough? Something else work better? Any help is appreciated.

There is only so much you can do when mounting a pedestal seat on a basic bench. Pedestals are much more solid when mounted in a full deck, but lots of folks have put them on benches with success.

With that said, I think the aluminum sheet you mentioned is a great idea. You can rivet, bolt, or weld that sheet onto the top of your bench and it will ad a lot of stability.

You can also look into adding some additional structure or supports underneath the bench ... maybe some supports going from the under side of the seat to the boat's floor .... or maybe putting braces somewhere to help keep the bench from twisting.

I put the pedestal seat on my bench the same way you are going to do,and it has worked well.I used a piece of steel plate(what I had on hand).Good Luck!

Thanks for the responses. The seat will be mounted next to the rear edge of the seat, which should be sturdier than if it was mounted in the center. This is about the only place in the rear to mount a seat. Thanks again.

Latest posts