Shad, Shad and more Shad!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We catch skipjack herring around here for sport and bait. They look very similar. Heck, they may be the same thing for all I know. They look like miniature tarpon.

Awesome job! As thick as those flies were, I would have sworn you were in the backwood Georgia swamps... but it would have been mosquitoes..

I am already pumped for this trip, I cannot wait to slay some more shad. Hopefully this year I can catch some american's as they were finished their run when I was there. The hickory's are still a ton of fun, but the americans are so much bigger :D

FishinsMyLife said:
I started at the beginning and I could have sworn i had seen those pictures before...

Yeah - last year :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was just trying to plan my spring.

becuase I post a report for most of my fishing trips I can use this site like a fishing journal

So, I was thinking about the great time shad fishing last year and wondered when that happened.

April 22, 2008 was the 1st good date so I will start trying around April 15, 2009 for this year!

the shad should start running when the water temps hit the mid to upper 40's The Upper bay has an awesome spring striper run also.

That is an awesome fishery there. I went to college in Lancaster County and used to run down there for the shad run every spring. We'd catch tons of shad as well as nice smallmouth and big stripers. I haven't been down there in a few years, but I've got some buddies who head down a couple of times each year, maybe I'll get out with them this year....

Latest posts