Should I buy my first shotgun? Stevens model 311 H

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats. I think you will like it for first gun. For that matter you will probably have to much fun with it and need a second :wink:

Lonny

aeviaanah said:
Dragonman said:
Did you buy this yet, Sounds like a good deal to me. I have owned a shot gun since I was 12, Got it for my 12th birthday, (that makes it nearly 30 years old, lol). It is a Mossburg 500 20 gauge Pump. Buy it and have fun, shooting clays is great fun.
Yes i bought it, im going to refinish the stock and get her all cleaned up.

JMichael said:
aeviaanah said:
Still trying to figure out if the barrels are choked or not. No marking or anything. Isnt there a way to measure it?
Yes you can measure them.

https://www.colonialarms.com/chokespecs.html
Thanks for the link. Ill measure the bore and let you know what it ended up being.

Refinishing the stock is the fastest way to kill any collector value the gun may or may not have.

Refinishing the stock is the fastest way to kill any collector value the gun may or may not have.

The Stevens 311 was the 870 of the production SxS. Centuries will go by before it is a collector.

But, in the case of some guns, what you said has some truth to it.

:)

Don't worry about collector's value as long as you do a good job. Use tongue oil finish and you steel wool it down to perfection. You only paid $200.00 for it, just enjoy it. Good all around gun: home defence, general hunting, casual clays, and many more. It will disappoint you if you try any serious trap or skeet shooting. What you have is a field gun and a trap gun has a different angle to the stock giving it an automatic lead Check it out on the Internet under trap guns vs field guns.. Good luck and have fun with your new gun. PS, I have one of these in a 410 ga. Love it..

BrazosDon
Texas

I have a 1937 Stevens model 15 boyscout .22 single shot and I can tell you that Stevens if well kept and cleaned after every shot is extremely reliable and will be passed down for many generations. Sorry the photo isn't fantastic, I haven't had a chance to get a Better one and it really doesn't do it justice but man is it reliable and accurate

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343187552.437175.jpg