Show me your cooler setups in your boats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LDUBS said:
gnappi said:
It's the only cooler I found that is longer than high and deep and will hold L-O-N-G fish like 10+ pound snakeheads. The green is DQ'd but the white "marine" model @ 22"wide x 10" x 10" is still available.

Those kind of dimensions are what I'm looking for too, but in a hard sided cooler. They don't seem to exist.

I too was looking for one with hard sides, and you're right, AFAIK they do not exist. When I literally bumped into this one I said to myself...

"Self, if you happen to lose balance on your tinny and fall on a cooler would you rather that soft side break the fall or have a hard cooler jammed into your ribcage?"

I went home with the soft sided one, it's very light also a major plus an a weight restricted 10' tin boat.

Since you are going to put a deck in anyway. Get a cooler twice as big as you think you're going to need and cut out the deck so the cooler sits flush with it. If you cover the deck with carpeting, cover the cooler lid too. That's it, easy breezy

1960 yellowboat said:
Since you are going to put a deck in anyway. Get a cooler twice as big as you think you're going to need and cut out the deck so the cooler sits flush with it. If you cover the deck with carpeting, cover the cooler lid too. That's it, easy breezy

I'm planning on just a small bow deck that covers from the back of the front seat to the bow. I like the idea of a built in cooler, but if it were removable easily so I could clean it that would be all the better. There's limited space where I intend to put the deck so if I could find a hard sided cooler that was taller than it was long it would probably work.

LDUBS said:
gnappi said:
It's the only cooler I found that is longer than high and deep and will hold L-O-N-G fish like 10+ pound snakeheads. The green is DQ'd but the white "marine" model @ 22"wide x 10" x 10" is still available.

Those kind of dimensions are what I'm looking for too, but in a hard sided cooler. They don't seem to exist.

Check out the Coleman Party Stacker
Looks close to those dimensions
AA40B012-23B6-4865-BB23-7D20BA87CA60.jpeg

UTTexas, that one sure got my attention. You could stack two, one for fish and one for other stuff, and still not be bigger than a single 28 quart cooler. Unfortunately, the max interior dimension is just over 16". I'm looking for closer to 24". Probably going to just bite the bullet and get a cheap 48 quart cooler -- Walmart here I come!

Dunno if this helps any - I've got an 18' Sea Ark. One cooler on the back serves as my leaning post/ seat / food & drink.

Cooler up front for fish & sitting.

Both are the Academy/Magellan 70qt Yeti knock offs.
IMG_3879.jpg

I wish my boat was setup to accept something like your cooler/seat/seat rest setup. I like the dual usage idea. That's a nice boat you've got by the way. Looks comfortable to fish out of all day.

I was at walmart grabbing a few things and ran accross the cooler bag mentioned earlier in the thread. The label on it says it is leak proof unless turned upside down. I couldn't resist getting it for $5. I am going to fill it with ice and test it out to see how long it lasts and how cold it will stay. :mrgreen: :shock:

bikerider said:
I was at walmart grabbing a few things and ran accross the cooler bag mentioned earlier in the thread. The label on it says it is leak proof unless turned upside down. I couldn't resist getting it for $5. I am going to fill it with ice and test it out to see how long it lasts and how cold it will stay. :mrgreen: :shock:

Let us know how it goes! Take note of the temp outside that day, and if it's in mostly direct sun, or covered. I'm just curious...

Haven't bought one yet, but I think this would be a cool strap it in when you need it cooler/seat. https://www.amazon.com/Wise-Outdoors-Hunting-Insulated-Cooler/dp/B00EI57F5Q

I don't know if this will of interest to you, but I keep my fish in a fish basket until I'm ready to go home.

When I move spots I put the basket in the boat.

When I troll and fish I let it float.

The fish stay alive until I get back to the boat ramp so I can keep my fish cooler in the truck and have my food and drink cooler in my boat.

bird35 said:
I don't know if this will of interest to you, but I keep my fish in a fish basket until I'm ready to go home.

The fish stay alive until I get back to the boat ramp so I can keep my fish cooler in the truck and have my food and drink cooler in my boat.

What you describe is not legal here in California. The intent is to avoid any upgrading. Once you have your limit here, you can't even do catch & release.

enwez said:
bikerider said:

Let us know how it goes! Take note of the temp outside that day, and if it's in mostly direct sun, or covered. I'm just curious...

I will post up my results. I am testing it now in the house, seeing how long ice will last in there by itself.

ProduceMan said:
Haven't bought one yet, but I think this would be a cool strap it in when you need it cooler/seat. https://www.amazon.com/Wise-Outdoors-Hunting-Insulated-Cooler/dp/B00EI57F5Q

Your link isn't showing up.

bird35 said:

That's interesting. I've never heard of that method.

[/quote]

What you describe is not legal here in California. The intent is to avoid any upgrading. Once you have your limit here, you can't even do catch & release.
[/quote]

That's a bummer :( I imagine that kind of puts a cap on your day quickly.

[/quote]

That's a bummer :( I imagine that kind of puts a cap on your day quickly.
[/quote]

Well, not for me cause I don't get limits that quickly -- haha.

Seriously, once you hit a limit and you want to continue fishing you have to move to another species. There is an exception for approved black bass tourneys, where catches can be kept in live wells and upgraded during the tournament.

bikerider said:
ProduceMan said:

Your link isn't showing up.

try this one https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wise-5613-252-Super-Sport-Seat-Break-Up-Camo-with-ODG-Shell/28875794

That's pretty cool, Produceman. I could see that working in a variety of boat setups.

I put a tray of ice cubes in my cooler bag sitting on the kitchen table and zipped it shut then set the timer to see how long they would last. At the 6 1/2 hour mark they were still not all the way dissolved. Pretty promising results for just testing it out in the house. The next time I head out fishing I am going to load it up with a bunch of ice and see how it does.