Show me your cooler setups in your boats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bikerider said:
I put a tray of ice cubes in my cooler bag sitting on the kitchen table and zipped it shut then set the timer to see how long they would last. At the 6 1/2 hour mark they were still not all the way dissolved. Pretty promising results for just testing it out in the house. The next time I head out fishing I am going to load it up with a bunch of ice and see how it does.

Good to hear. I have been told by others that putting the cooler in the freezer the night before greatly increases its ability to keep ice frozen, as the cooler will already be as cold as the ice. I've never tried it because I can't fit my cooler in my freezer... but you probably could fit the soft sided one in. Maybe it will help?

enwez said:
bikerider said:
I put a tray of ice cubes in my cooler bag sitting on the kitchen table and zipped it shut then set the timer to see how long they would last. At the 6 1/2 hour mark they were still not all the way dissolved. Pretty promising results for just testing it out in the house. The next time I head out fishing I am going to load it up with a bunch of ice and see how it does.

Good to hear. I have been told by others that putting the cooler in the freezer the night before greatly increases its ability to keep ice frozen, as the cooler will already be as cold as the ice. I've never tried it because I can't fit my cooler in my freezer... but you probably could fit the soft sided one in. Maybe it will help?

That's a great idea. I will definitely do that the night before I head out fishing.

I have a small Igloo marine cooler around 28 quarts for lunch and a couple of beverages near the transom where it is not in the way.
In the bow I have a regular 60 quart Igloo marine cooler for keeping fish. It is secured to the bow rails with a couple of bungee cords.

Well the day finally came for me to test out the cooler bag. I have to say, I am very impressed with it. I started at 8am, had an hour drive to the lake and was on the water until 2pm and ended up emptying the cooler bag around 3:30pm. It kept my catch chilled and didn't leak a drop. I'm very satisfied with it, especially for a whopping $5 :mrgreen: :lol: It was quite sunny out that day as well.

fish basket is common here in Ohio. Most people cut and add a pool noodle inside the top of the basket to keep it afloat. I transfer my fish to a 5 gallon bucket with a lid. Then from a cooler in my vehicle I keep a frozen reusable food container (liter or larger) of ice and dump on the fish. Plus a 2 liter bottle of very cold water for the ride home. Sometimes if i have any leftover cubed ice, i always toss it in a ziplock and add it for the fish.

BIi54LzjPLc

45qt mounted on the bow of my Grizzly 1860.

I just came across this topic and was just having a problem attaching my cooler to my boat. I was able to get some tips. Thanks! :)