Superlines

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slim357 said:
when backin with mono what type of line to line knot do you tie.

I use the knot Powerpro has on there website, It's easy for me to follow it.

A Uni to Uni splice. I use the same diameter mono (Thats what I have read so that is why I stck with it)

https://www.powerpro.com/using/uniuni.asp

I tie the same knot, I also use it for tying on flouro leaders. Esquired uses a different knot that he says is better though.

jkbirocz said:
I tie the same knot, I also use it for tying on flouro leaders. Esquired uses a different knot that he says is better though.

I use the Seaguar Knot for joining the floro leader to the braided line. For teh slice between the mono backer and braid i use a double surgeons or uni -to-uni

I do not think the Seaguar Knot is better then the uni-to-uni, but it is a lot faster to tie, I can tie it in the dark which is always a plus

seaguar_knot.jpg

jkbirocz said:
I don't want a braid that feels like mono, thats the reason I stopped using it.....plus that sounds overly expensive derek
what i mean is that when it feels like mono, the weave is so tight that when your fingers up the line, it feels as smooth as mono.
and yes it is a bit more expensive, but man is it nice to use.
i also think its an igfa ratedline, so its a true test, not under rated like most.

That Seaguar Knot seems okay but since you have to pull the entire leader through the knot I can't see using when connecting main line to spool backing. At least in my case that is. I use 20-30 yds mono backing and that would be a PITA. I use the uni-to-uni or an albright knot, depending on diameter differences.

Latest posts