Swivels

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Broncoman

Reaction score
I've used swivels a lot and lately I've had several people say I need tostop using them. Just wondering what everyone elses thought on them are, I switch jigs and lures a lot and hate to cut and retie the line each time? Also if you don't use them do you have any special way to attach lures and jigs?

i just tie everthing i think a swivel ruins the action sometimes i get line twist on my spinning reels but when i do i just run the line out tied to a swivel and reel back in

dedawg1149 said:
i just tie everthing i think a swivel ruins the action sometimes i get line twist on my spinning reels but when i do i just run the line out tied to a swivel and reel back in

+1

I tie everything, I only use swivels with Carolina rigs and flukes(line twist deterrent). I need to learn some good loop knots, anyone know a good one that works with braid?

Nickk said:
I tie everything, I only use swivels with Carolina rigs and flukes(line twist deterrent). I need to learn some good loop knots, anyone know a good one that works with braid?

loop_knot.gif

Captain Ahab said:
If I am not using the speed clip I use a loop knot to give teh lure a better action - anyone else?
I only use swivels with c-rigs. I have heard the loop knot is good for top water walk the dog baits, i have also head it is good for popin topwater baits, however I'll only use an extra long improved clinch knot for poppers.

I generally always tie direct - in some cases, depending on the water/terrain/conditions and target fish, I might use a swivel for ease of rapid change of lures/colors, etc. - to see what's working - otherwise, I feel more confident with tying direct -- oh yeah, palomar is my favorite with an improved cinch as a back up based on weight/type of line

There are only two knots you need to know... A line to line blood knot for leader to main line, and a loop knot for the lure... Swivels and terminal tackle is generally used for offshore type fishing down here in FL.

~LCA.

Latest posts