The Johnson family got a new addition today woohoo

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johny25

Reaction score
I finally got my looper! Found this on CL with a 17ft fiberglass motor stand that is in fairly good condition in its own right but the gem of this is the 1993 Johnson V4 looper that is in immaculate condition :D Oh she also came with a 1990 9.9hp johnson kicker that I will post pics of tomorrow along with under cover photos of the 120. Got home late and only had time to snap off a few quick picks. All I need now is a 17-18ft tin boat to throw this bad mamma jamma on. I am having a hard time explaining to the wifey why I have 7 motors now so anyone with advice on this issue please chime in :mrgreen: DSCN7127.JPGDSCN7131.JPG

I think I got it Charger...... I had a 5 motor to 1 boat ratio before this purchase. Now I have a 7 motor to 2 boat ratio so I my addiction is getting better right #-o? Oh and took the boat out for a test run yesterday and the wifey likes the BIG JOHNSON and what it can do :shock: 8)

Hey Jasper :) yeah the motor is about as new and low hour as your ever going to find for a 93' and I got less into all of it than the 120hp is worth alone :mrgreen: going to sell the 9.9 kicker, trailer and boat and hopefully get enough out of it to have a free or very cheap 120hp johnson :)

Johny25 said:
Hey Jasper :) yeah the motor is about as new and low hour as your ever going to find for a 93' and I got less into all of it than the 120hp is worth alone :mrgreen: going to sell the 9.9 kicker, trailer and boat and hopefully get enough out of it to have a free or very cheap 120hp johnson :)

Wow! Did you pay with cash or a gun? :LOL2:
Good deal.

I haven't been on the water yet this year, at least not in Minnesota.
The weather just started getting nice, but not too good this weekend opener.
I plan to spring startup and get the rig ready.

Have fun with the new motor.

Cold hard cash can be as good as a gun when someone is hurting for money :) I just got out fishing this week, been a busy spring. I got to stop buying more projects or I'm never going to have time to fish lol, and I am going to be divorced :lol:

Johny25 said:
I think I got it Charger...... I had a 5 motor to 1 boat ratio before this purchase. Now I have a 7 motor to 2 boat ratio so I my addiction is getting better right #-o? Oh and took the boat out for a test run yesterday and the wifey likes the BIG JOHNSON and what it can do :shock: 8)
I think your addiction is about the same . Yeah they ALWAYS like the Big Johnsons :LOL2: Me. I just got a lil Evinrude :LOL2:

Evinrudes are just rare around here and demand more money, why I don't know cause it is exact same motor as Johnson except decals. But a lot of novice boaters do not know this and think Evinrude was a higher quality motor, likely because Evinrude label is till out there with the Etecs.

She purrs like a kitten and puts that 17' glastron on plane as fast as you can push the throttle down :)

Johny25 said:
Cold hard cash can be as good as a gun when someone is hurting for money :) I just got out fishing this week, been a busy spring. I got to stop buying more projects or I'm never going to have time to fish lol, and I am going to be divorced :lol:

Just explain to the wifey that fine collection of motors and boats will help put the kids through college and give her piece of mind knowing exactly where you are, and that will be in garage securing your investment. :LOL2:

The part about kids and college can be left out and/or substituted with something else even more appealing to her. :wink:

Oh and here is the pics I said I would post, and I did my compression test today and she's got 120-122psi in all cylinders :mrgreen: DSCN7173.JPGDSCN7175.JPGDSCN7172.JPG

The 120hp motor stand :lol:DSCN7134.JPG

And the 9.9hp kicker that came with it that I'm sellingDSCN7145.JPG

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=315398#p315398 said:
Johny25 » Today, 3:48 pm[/url]"]Oh and here is the pics I said I would post, and I did my compression test today and she's got 120-122psi in all cylinders :mrgreen:

johny,
great numbers and that's one clean motor! =D>

-jasper

Yes I am very happy with it. You do not find motor's that have been this well taken care of very often. I was basically forced to buy it, couldn't walk away from it. It came with so much documentation and service records that I was blown away how detailed the prior owner was. And he wasn't even a motor guy #-o. It is like a brand new 1993 engine

Latest posts