TimeUSB 100AH 12.8V Pro LiFePO4 Battery Review

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any updates FuzzyGrub?
Have you gotten to use your new batteries yet?

I am super happy with mine. I am about to buy another one for my tin boat, since my saltwater boat is using the other two.

Plus, once their reputation grows a bit more I’m sure the prices will go up. I want to get them now while relatively cheap. it seems that inflation is hitting everything, so getting it now just seems prudent.

Any updates FuzzyGrub?
Have you gotten to use your new batteries yet?

I am super happy with mine. I am about to buy another one for my tin boat, since my saltwater boat is using the other two.

Plus, once their reputation grows a bit more I’m sure the prices will go up. I want to get them now while relatively cheap. it seems that inflation is hitting everything, so getting it now just seems prudent.

I have them installed, see: HERE

I plan to still upgrade to 6 awg from batteries to plug. We'll be testing them starting in September.

Are you gong for the smaller G24 100Ah one?

If the price is the same, sure, having a more compact battery might be nice. But the big ones have been so flawless that I'm not too quick to jump to the latest-greatest thing. I need to watch some videos and read reviews to see if they are just as reliable. You know what they say... If it ain't broke....

Thx to tracking cookies, I’m seeing lots of adds for 100Ah LiFePO4 Batteries. Many are $50 more, but a few are like $10 less. If they have Bluetooth $100+ more.

Been wanting to make the switch to lithium but was really planning on it anytime soon. Saw this thread and now has me thinking lol. How is this deal? Im currently running a basic 45lb thrust 12v Motorguide using a generic ~110ah group 29(?) deep cycle lead acid battery. Not sure how much it weighs but it's a beast to carry. I plan to upgrade to a more modern trolling motor in the near future. Not sure if I will choose a 12V 55lb thrust or a 24V 80lb thrust...kind of depends on the deals, new or used, and what model I go with (I think the Ulterra is only offered in 24V for example). Boat is a lightweight 1648 that my current 45lb thrust moves just fine. Either way would 2 50ah be fine? I could run in parallel or series depending on the required voltage.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CYPKQ78...tive&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWwy&th=1

Been wanting to make the switch to lithium but was really planning on it anytime soon. Saw this thread and now has me thinking lol. How is this deal? Im currently running a basic 45lb thrust 12v Motorguide using a generic ~110ah group 29(?) deep cycle lead acid battery. Not sure how much it weighs but it's a beast to carry. I plan to upgrade to a more modern trolling motor in the near future. Not sure if I will choose a 12V 55lb thrust or a 24V 80lb thrust...kind of depends on the deals, new or used, and what model I go with (I think the Ulterra is only offered in 24V for example). Boat is a lightweight 1648 that my current 45lb thrust moves just fine. Either way would 2 50ah be fine? I could run in parallel or series depending on the required voltage.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CYPKQ78...tive&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWwy&th=1

I run a 45lb MG Wireless on the bow of the DMI1648. Plenty of power, but might upgrade to a GPS model, and would get a minor bump in thrust to 55lb.

With our 70lb on the 17’ G3 never ran them to 50% and they were only 80 Ah. That is all day fishing in a river with heavy anchor lock use.

In your current use, have you ever discharged to the 50% point? If not, you should be good. Even with a 24V system. Now, if you wanted to go 2 days of fishing with 24V, might be a stretch.

I run a 45lb MG Wireless on the bow of the DMI1648. Plenty of power, but might upgrade to a GPS model, and would get a minor bump in thrust to 55lb.

With our 70lb on the 17’ G3 never ran them to 50% and they were only 80 Ah. That is all day fishing in a river with heavy anchor lock use.

In your current use, have you ever discharged to the 50% point? If not, you should be good. Even with a 24V system. Now, if you wanted to go 2 days of fishing with 24V, might be a stretch.
I've never really tested it but I would guess no. That said, if I had a modern TM with spot lock and other features I would probably use it more and I would. Sounds like a single 100ah now would be the best route. Then add a 2nd 100ah down the road if needed.

I've never really tested it but I would guess no. That said, if I had a modern TM with spot lock and other features I would probably use it more and I would. Sounds like a single 100ah now would be the best route. Then add a 2nd 100ah down the road if needed.
They do not recommend that. If going with two in series or parallel, they recommend using the same battery model purchased at same time. That is the same with Lead-Acid batteries.

It depends on how much use you put on the first battery before buying a second one. I had a couple of months on one before I bought the second one, and I wired them together for a week before putting them in service, and there has been no issue

I also use them one at a time in separate locations, but I try to rotate them so they have about the same amount of use. Again, they have been excellent.

I have a 50 AH, and two will be enough to run a 45# motor, BUT the price difference is only $45 each, so just get two of the 100 AH and get it over with. You won't be sorry.

It depends on how much use you put on the first battery before buying a second one. I had a couple of months on one before I bought the second one, and I wired them together for a week before putting them in service, and there has been no issue

I also use them one at a time in separate locations, but I try to rotate them so they have about the same amount of use. Again, they have been excellent.
I saw in the manual that they recommend rebalancing every 6 months. Given your use, doesn’t sound like that would be needed. I have no problem doing it on a yearly basis, but mid season would be a bit of a pain.

They do not recommend that. If going with two in series or parallel, they recommend using the same battery model purchased at same time. That is the same with Lead-Acid batteries.
Hmmm. I also didnt think of that. Thanks for the info.

I saw in the manual that they recommend rebalancing every 6 months. Given your use, doesn’t sound like that would be needed. I have no problem doing it on a yearly basis, but mid season would be a bit of a pain.
Thanks for the reminder, but it's really not a pain to do. Just charge them up and jump them together the day before. It takes all of 2 minutes to do. I made some short cables just for that purpose. I rebalance them before putting them back on the boat, after using singles for various other things.

My brand-new Prime Day batteries are getting delivered today! I'll be charging and balancing them this afternoon. 😁😁😁 I'm doing a small solar-power system for emergencies, (300W charge/4000W inverter) so I'm getting extra batteries for that purpose.

Thanks for the reminder, but it's really not a pain to do. Just charge them up and jump them together the day before. It takes all of 2 minutes to do. I made some short cables just for that purpose. I rebalance them before putting them back on the boat, after using singles for various other things.

My brand-new Prime Day batteries are getting delivered today! I'll be charging and balancing them this afternoon. 😁😁😁 I'm doing a small solar-power system for emergencies, (300W charge/4000W inverter) so I'm getting extra batteries for that purpose.

I have two 1’ 6awg cables I used to balance them. Considered installing them with dis-connects, and would need another dis-connect on the cable that goes from negative on one battery to the positive on the other. Two much added mess.

The biggest pain will be trying to remember to do it. Since the boat goes back to sleep in the summer, going to have to go on the fall wake-up list.

With the voltmeters I will also be able to monitor if the fully charged state is varying between them.

Those sound a little light. I have a bunch of #2 and #1 ga. jumpers from bass boats, but maybe 6 ga is enough for balancing.

I agree with you, adding disconnects seems like more hassle than it's worth.

Putting "balance the batteries" on the wake up list sounds good. I use mine so much that it's just part of the routine. I just wire them together the day before I put them back in the big boat and done.

Those sound a little light. I have a bunch of #2 and #1 ga. jumpers from bass boats, but maybe 6 ga is enough for balancing.

I agree with you, adding disconnects seems like more hassle than it's worth.

Putting "balance the batteries" on the wake up list sounds good. I use mine so much that it's just part of the routine. I just wire them together the day before I put them back in the big boat and done.

6awg should be good for 50 amps. There would have to be a severe voltage difference for that kind of current during balancing. When mine were fully charged and sat for a couple hours, there was only 0.02V difference.