TM makes a high pitched whine

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNtroller

Reaction score
when I have it on high (5 sp MG Pro series 43). Speeds 1-4 are ok, a bit more noise as you go up in speed, but on high/5, it makes a high pitched whine, anything seriously wrong or really bad other than annoying? I'm handy but not good with electrical toys like this?

Check and make sure your prop is on tight and that there is nothing binding in there - like fishing line

Has it always made this noise or did it just start?

it has made the noise for quite some time, can't remember how long but for a good while. will check to see if any line/crap is behind the prop.

Anything? Someone just put up a post on how to redo the TM brushes which is really good

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19433

finally got/took the time to check out the TM after going fishing this am. When I went to take the TM prop off, the black cover/nut was loose, I could easily turn it without any tools. Pulled the prop off, no fishing line behind, only a clean shaft, no rust, crud or crap. Put the prop back on, tightened the nut and tried it, no noise, but don't remember it making any whine before when not in the water when I was adjusting the TM when the pull rope broke last month. I did use speed 5 this am, and it did the same whine, but did not after checking behind the prop for crud. Any other ideas or suggestions?

Latest posts