TM ? maybe 2

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNtroller

Reaction score
How do you measure the length of the shaft ( use a tape measure, yeah, I know [-X ) but from what point on the TM to what point on the TM to determine the length of the shaft?

Anybody have one of the newer digital MG TM? Thinking of upgrading to one of these, but have read mixed reviews on BPSdotcom. Dont have room to go 24v, so staying with the 12v versions.

I have a 12 volt Minn Kota Maxxum 55 digital motor. It is great. Very quiet, and I really like the throttle. rather than my 5 speed endura (which I could never find the best trolling speed) this motor has infinite speeds. They do cost more, so check around at various stores to make sure you get the best price.
The Shaft length is from the bottom of the motor head to the top of the motor (the part that goes in the water). Sorry if that last part was confusing.

When reading reviews keep in mind that there is two VERY different operating designs. I notice the non-cable steer models get lots of bad reviews because of the steering. Lots of bass fisherman are used to the cable steer forward, backward pedal, and do not like the electric steering motors.

Personally I've only ever used the electric steer Minn Kota's so I have no problem with them.

What I have is a 04 MG pro series 43lb that came on the tracker pt175 when I bought it new, it has the cable pull/push or pull/pull. Nothing wrong with it for the most part, works just fine, but looking at upgrading, and was wondering about the reliability of the MG digital versions. I know MK are a popular one on most boards, but my MG has been trouble free so not going to complain about it. The digital would allow me to fine tune my trolling speeds as well either way I go.

Latest posts