TM Thrust info

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
retiredff said:
Zum said:
I'd still go for a bow mount of some sort.
It's way easier handling the boat from the bow pulling ,then from the stern pushing,especially if theres any wind.
If your in the stern and the wind gets you,it will feel like your stern wants to be the bow...

The problem Zum is I would have to redesign the front deck. My nav lights are installed and a bow mount would block one side of the light. I know I can install a raised light but that adds $$$$ to what I already have spent. Using a bow mount would be easier to connect to the battery as both are near the front deck, that is the only advantage I see now.

Tony
Some of them extended lights are like $10.I personally think once you go out in the wind and have to fight to stay in some type of control from the stern,you'll be thinking an extra $10 bucks would be money well spent.
You say your batteries are in the bow?
The money that you will have to spend in wire,to connect your trolling motors in the stern will probably be more expensive then the 10"bow light.
Just an opinion...

My nav lights:

https://www.amazon.com/Attwood-2-Mile-Mount-Navigation-Stainless/dp/B001O0DIBS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1282507163&sr=8-2

The anchor light is also LED.

I would hate to throw this one away just to buy a receptacle and a new extended light. Worst case, I could build some sort of platform for the current light.

Batteries are up against the front deck. 1 series 31 for TM and 1 series 24 for all lights, FF, livewell and future use. Batteries had to go up front because of weight. This boat weights 230# stripped. My future plans call for a 9.9 to use on HP restricted lakes. With the batteries near the transom, I would probably have problems getting the boat to plane with the motor and 6 gal. of fuel.

tb

Latest posts